Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you to all participants of TX2K12...we had 37 GTR's come through the gates! These are the drag race results...

SC1/SC2 (combined b/c we didn't have enough cars)
1st - James Ward with a [email protected]
2nd - Graig Adams with a [email protected]

SC3
1st - Reid Dawson with a [email protected]
2nd - Zach Webb with a [email protected]

SC4
1st - Larry Rammath with a [email protected]
2nd - Neil Ramkissoon with a [email protected]

SC5
1st - Jamie Carter with a [email protected]
2nd - Majestic Motorsports with a [email protected]

SC6
1st - Jessica Barton with a [email protected]
2nd - Augie Hidalgo with a [email protected]

Motorcycle
1st - Michael Mathews with a [email protected]
2nd - Robert Upchurch with a [email protected]

GTR1
1st - Ted Otsuji with a [email protected]
2nd - N/A

GTR3
1st - Kenny Tran with a [email protected]
2nd - Tuan Ho with a [email protected]

Street
1st - Sean Briggs with a [email protected]
2nd - Justin Pippin with a [email protected]

·
Kick_arse
1,025 Posts
Huston....we have a problem, were is ams 8 second run

·
Registered
577 Posts
Track must have not been very good- I see a good number of times slower than they normally are.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Track was great...these are not fastest times of the day, they are elimination final round numbers.
Peter

·
Registered
419 Posts
Is it just me, or are those numbers all over the place? Some of them don't even seem to make sense.

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
Kenny won the GTR drag 2 years in a row eh.

Sean

·
O_o
1,657 Posts
GTR 1 got screwed bad. On the first day, 2nd round of qualifications they called GTR 1,2, and 3. I got in my car and drove over there only for the guy working the staging lane to tell me that GTR 1 already ran and i had to get out of line because I was done for the day. There were 3 or 4 other GTR1 cars that showed up at the same time I did and he made us all get out of line and leave. I was so pissed because I feel like I got fucked out of $100 and i bet all the other GTR1 cars felt the same

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Just to make sure I understand. You missed qualifying round 1 on Sat...then you missed qualifying round 2 on Saturday...then you missed qualifying round 3 on Sunday...not to mention we called cars to staging lanes for 5-10 minutes and about 4-5 times for each round...and somehow you feel you got screwed????? Really?????

Peter

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
7.91 was a Supra. The SC classes were supra classes and street was a street car class.
Peter

·
O_o
1,657 Posts
I didn't miss qualifying round 1 on Saturday. It would be different if i was the only one who happened to miss round 2 but there was a group of us and we all got turned down. They were still running gtr2 when we all got there so i don't know why they couldn't just let us all go

·
Super Moderator
3,445 Posts
Larry who won in SC4 is a Trinidadian. The car is a 2JZ powered R32 Skyline GTR it's owned by a guy called Navin who also owns the only M Spec Nur R34 GTR in the caribbean.

·
Vendor
3,602 Posts
Am I reading that right? A GTR ran a 13.5. What happened to it?
I think there is some confusion because these are the final round results. Not the fastest times of the day. The above times may or may not have been that particular cars best pass of the day. I would guess in GTR1. The driver cruised down the track because the second place qualifier didn't make the round. Therefore as long as he completed his run he would win even if it was a 20 second pass. Probably decided not to beat on the car simply because he had no competitor in the final round. Hope that clears thing up.

·
Fastest GTR in the world
535 Posts
I didn't miss qualifying round 1 on Saturday. It would be different if i was the only one who happened to miss round 2 but there was a group of us and we all got turned down. They were still running gtr2 when we all got there so i don't know why they couldn't just let us all go
Sorry Peter but Blackbird is correct. He took the GTR 2/3 class and the GTR1 class was there chillin in the staging lanes so we could run against each other... then nope. Somehow we "missed" it.
That older white haired guy seemed to have it out for the GTRs... Rude as hell. We are just there to have fun. Snapped as us for turning in tech cards, then snapped at us for trying to leave the event during one of the "breaks" when no cars were staging...

Still a fun event though, great staff!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts