Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awesome video of the UGR TT Huracan. Owned by my buddy Justin and per Justin will be attending and racing at TX2K16™ Roll Race Nationals.

On full kill I would be surprised if this car can be beat. Sweet vid from the recent Pocono event.

·
Registered
219 Posts
On full kill I would be surprised if this car can be beat.
Yeah... but Omega already beat it. Came from behind and drove right around.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Isn't it technically not even a huracan? I mean isn't the transmission swapped, engine swapped? Can you really call it a Huracan if its not in its base form on some level and built up?

I apologize if that is just rumor and it is in-fact sporting its original engine with DCT.

·
Lake Bum
2,747 Posts
Isn't it technically not even a huracan? I mean isn't the transmission swapped, engine swapped? Can you really call it a Huracan if its not in its base form on some level and built up?

I apologize if that is just rumor and it is in-fact sporting its original engine with DCT.
Does that really matter? Omega is on a billet block if you want to dissect it to that level.

Fast car for sure. Gonna be some great footage when it makes it to the next big event.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yeah... but Omega already beat it. Came from behind and drove right around.
Ivan, that was the first time that car has ever seen a road, give the car some credit, I mean it was on street tires. The car is much faster now that we have had time to get her dialed in. Took everything you had to get around that car so don't make it like it was an easy task. Be humble or get humbled.

·
Registered
143 Posts

Just a tranny swap.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ivan, that was the first time that car has ever seen a road, give the car some credit, I mean it was on street tires. The car is much faster now that we have had time to get her dialed in. Took everything you had to get around that car so don't make it like it was an easy task. Be humble or get humbled.
Isn't it the exact same recipe you guys run in the Gallardo X version? Same engine build, same turbos, same IC cores, same engine management, same intake manifold, same fuel system, same transmission, etc.. just in a slightly different wrapper. I can't imagine there is much to figure out performance wise.

Omega was also on DOT street legal tires as that is the rule for TI. Omega is more dialed in now and faster too. Looking forward to lining up again.

·
Banned
1,568 Posts
UGR TT Huracan vs. Omega??
I want to see that.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Ivan, there is NO denying that Omega, ETS, and a few other GTR's are right up at the top of the mountain...when it comes to "street cars". Everyone here would agree to that. But dialed in, with some seat time and on kill.....man I'd be hard pressed to pick a winner. I'm sure that one day soon we will see.

Peter

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
UGR TT Huracan vs. Omega??
I want to see that.
You mean you want to see Omega beat the best UGR has to offer for the third year in a row....lol me too!

All ball busting aside both are awesome cars and I'm glad there is such tough competition as it helps fuel new designs and parts for the rest of us!

·
SPI Performance Consultant
2,997 Posts
The car is much faster now that we have had time to get her dialed in.
Kevin, incredible build those cars are, very nice work sir. What kind of power or 100-150 times are the silver X and the green X Lamborghini's (respectively) laying down these days and how does that compare to when it ran at TI?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I would be LOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW 2's.......or 1's for the 100-150 and high 4's 100-200 mph.
Peter

·
Registered
143 Posts
Isn't it the exact same recipe you guys run in the Gallardo X version? Same engine build, same turbos, same IC cores, same engine management, same intake manifold, same fuel system, same transmission, etc.. just in a slightly different wrapper. I can't imagine there is much to figure out performance wise.

Omega was also on DOT street legal tires as that is the rule for TI. Omega is more dialed in now and faster too. Looking forward to lining up again.
We are ready and will be at TI like always, if you cant make it, anywhere anytime. Find a place up there with good concrete and we will come to you for a rematch.;)

FYI: The TT Huracan has a lot of differences compared to the LP 570's. For one the fuel setup is different, its has smaller DI injectors which limited us to turn the car up near what it was capable of. We didn't realize this until we started testing the car for the first time at TI. The OEM DI injectors are smaller than the 570 injectors by a lot. The race was also the first time we went to MoTeC DI control so ALL the DI cars (LP's) were limited on fuel delivery as the M1 MoTeC had issues when pushing the injectors hard. (Any MoTeC M1 dealers can verify this). If conditions are the same we will see higher mph speeds at this TI.

The LP's and Huracan were not sorted out where we could run more power until right before the Portland race where the ETS car took your 1/2 mile record down and we reset the record on asphalt and poor conditions at 235 mph in the 1/2 mile. You will prob ask why Helms worked so good at the FL event where it crushed your 1/2 mile speed with the 234 mph to your 224. Back them the OEM ECU controlled the DI injectors so that car was fine on fuel delivery assisted with our secondary injectors.

So for a recap, first time with a new setups don't work all the time, no disrespect but I dont believe you got the results out of the R8 that you wanted at TI. That's just how it is when testing new setups and I bet your R8 runs much better now. Stay humble.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Kevin, incredible build those cars are, very nice work sir. What kind of power or 100-150 times are the silver X and the green X Lamborghini's (respectively) laying down these days and how does that compare to when it ran at TI?
They are posted and verified on 6speedonline.com.

Keep in mind that we did this on an unprepped surface on asphalt on STREET TIRES..
Gidis X version on the 235 1/2 mile pass.
100-150 is....... 2.06
100-200 is....... 5.03

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
do any of your builds run anything other than street tires?

getting to be a tired excuse

·
Registered
143 Posts
You mean you want to see Omega beat the best UGR has to offer for the third year in a row....lol me too!

All ball busting aside both are awesome cars and I'm glad there is such tough competition as it helps fuel new designs and parts for the rest of us!
Hey NOVA

TI wins
UGR= 5
AMS= 2
LMR= 1

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sorry missed that last part of your question. The Huracan ran a 2.4 on the very best pass at TI. I would be surprized if it was making much more than 2,000 at the wheels.

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
Absolutely beautiful car. I'm predicting the theme of TI this time around will be The Empire Strikes Back.

I'll admit though... I'm looking forward to when the new Lambos can put down the power on an upgraded factory DCT.

1 - 20 of 272 Posts