Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· R35 member
3,069 Posts
Wow. Incredible. tires are going to be the limiting factor on whatever vehicle that thing goes in. in fact, I believe tires are the issue with the Lambos currently

· Mechanical Engineer
193 Posts
Stupid, pointless junk.
First of all the numbers are made up. Yeah that engine will make 5000hp for a single dyno pull, but there is no way in hell the car can dissipate the ~10Megawatts of heat that would generate through its radiators.
The 0-60 time in 1.8 seconds is made up and intended for those few people out there who still don't understand that acceleration to 60mph is governed by traction, not power.
The top speed is a joke. There isn't a rubber tire that wouldn't fly apart at those speeds, or a wind tunnel where they could have developed the car body for it.

I could go on. This is a kit car made for some rich arab guy to waste his money on.

Oh, and BTW that engine is basically just two LS7 motors put together (on CAD obviously, and then machined that way). You can even see where the two heads come together in the middle. 10 bucks says its got corvette headers and a bunch of stock LS parts...

· R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,487 Posts
Stupid, pointless junk.
First of all the numbers are made up. Yeah that engine will make 5000hp for a single dyno pull, but there is no way in hell the car can dissipate the ~10Megawatts of heat that would generate through its radiators.
The 0-60 time in 1.8 seconds is made up and intended for those few people out there who still don't understand that acceleration to 60mph is governed by traction, not power.
The top speed is a joke. There isn't a rubber tire that wouldn't fly apart at those speeds, or a wind tunnel where they could have developed the car body for it.

I could go on. This is a kit car made for some rich arab guy to waste his money on.

Oh, and BTW that engine is basically just two LS7 motors put together (on CAD obviously, and then machined that way). You can even see where the two heads come together in the middle. 10 bucks says its got corvette headers and a bunch of stock LS parts...
Love the reaponse. I think you may be more accurate than most.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
1,041 Posts
On another note, the T1R GTR is making around 2,300awhp. That's close to 3,000bhp. That thing gets down!

· Registered
74 Posts
If you throw enough money at a company they will make it, the Veyron is proof of that. CFD can and has been used since there aren't wind tunnels big enough for land speed cars.

With that said the car is going to have the power plant capable of running such speeds but I'm betting the rest of the car will be a hunk of shit.

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stupid, pointless junk.

You can stop spreading your ignorance right about now.

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Over the past year and a half, STEVE MORRIS ENGINES has been working quietly to develop and build a concept engine for the upcoming DEVEL SIXTEEN hypercar. When we were approached, we were asked for just three things: V-16, quad turbos, and to be the most powerful streetable engine in the world. We designed, machined, and tested this all in-house with very few exceptions (block was too large for our CNC machines, and we cannot machine a cam or crank here). This is not two V8 engines bolted together - this is a one-piece billet block, one-piece billet crankshaft, one-piece cam, our own custom billet intake manifold, custom 81mm turbochargers designed specifically for this project, etc.[/background]

· Mechanical Engineer
193 Posts
You can stop spreading your ignorance right about now.

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Over the past year and a half, STEVE MORRIS ENGINES has been working quietly to develop and build a concept engine for the upcoming DEVEL SIXTEEN hypercar. When we were approached, we were asked for just three things: V-16, quad turbos, and to be the most powerful streetable engine in the world. We designed, machined, and tested this all in-house with very few exceptions (block was too large for our CNC machines, and we cannot machine a cam or crank here). This is not two V8 engines bolted together - this is a one-piece billet block, one-piece billet crankshaft, one-piece cam, our own custom billet intake manifold, custom 81mm turbochargers designed specifically for this project, etc.[/background]
Read my response again: it IS two V8 engines put together, it was done via cad and the actual block is, yes, a single piece machined out of billet.

Those heads are OBVIOUSLY LS engine heads (again single piece billet machined from a cad model), this is a pushrod Chevy motor just like the one in a Silverado, it's just bigger but every bit as low-tech.

But never mind that, I don't claim the dyno number is false, if you read my response you'll see that I didn't discredit it. I just know the car will never even come close to the numbers being claimed for it.
Hopefully someone in Dubai with more money than brains buys it. Good luck.

· Mechanical Engineer
193 Posts
If you throw enough money at a company they will make it, the Veyron is proof of that. CFD can and has been used since there aren't wind tunnels big enough for land speed cars.
If you read up on the Veyron development you'll see that finding a suitable wind tunnel was a HUGE challenge, and they ended up using one that was also used to develop F1 car aero. I am very familiar with CFD since I use it on my day to day job (have a Converge license running on a multicore workstation day in and day out...), but it can only do so much.

· VR38 Killer
987 Posts
I think its cool that Devel Dubai enlisted a US company in Steve Morris to build that engine. That engine is the clear definition of bespoke. When i look at the car now and in the past, it all looks so cheesy. A lot like a mid level kit car. The fit and finish of a Ferrari or Bugatti is what i would want around a motor like that. I don't get it.

~Dv8

· Registered
1,016 Posts
power will never be our limit if money is no option, traction,aero, and tires are the major challenges. Omega or an X package both make in the neighborhood of 2800 bhp. the motor in a veyron can probably make 3500-4000hp if someone wanted to throw enough money at it.

· Registered
74 Posts
If you read up on the Veyron development you'll see that finding a suitable wind tunnel was a HUGE challenge, and they ended up using one that was also used to develop F1 car aero. I am very familiar with CFD since I use it on my day to day job (have a Converge license running on a multicore workstation day in and day out...), but it can only do so much.
No argument there either, the wind tunnel has the advantage but if it doesn't exist (at least big enough for an entire car) they could make due. Like I said before outside of the engine I don't think we are going to see this car do anything besides make the power lol.

· Mechanical Engineer
193 Posts
The Veyron motor is actually 3000hp. 2/3 of that energy is heat.

Quoting waste heat as part of the power output is a bit ridiculous don't you think?
Case in point: a pound of charcoal has 13.6MJ of chemical energy. A barbecue grill that consumes that much charcoal in 30 minutes is averaging 7457KW. Would you rate your grill as a "10,000-Horsepower Grill"? It's no different.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.