Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a rainy climate, daily drive my GTR and am looking for some undercarriage protection. Any recommendations? Ceramic coat?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Aren`t there any specialized firms that can spray the undercarriage with a so called"hot wax" ? This is the normal method used here in Europe. I`ve had all of my cars done using this method, even the inside of doors,trunk more or less anywhere that comes into contact with water is sprayed. It`s a very good method.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Negative... I've searched. We have full on undercoating services at any body shop with a layer of gloss or flat black rustoleom or POR15 but that's not quite what I'm looking for. That's more for SUV's and trucks that go off-road... I will consider it if I can't find anything else. Another member suggested changing all the bolts to stainless. I am interested in doing that.

Aren`t there any specialized firms that can spray the undercarriage with a so called"hot wax" ? This is the normal method used here in Europe. I`ve had all of my cars done using this method, even the inside of doors,trunk more or less anywhere that comes into contact with water is sprayed. It`s a very good method.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Negative... I've searched. We have full on undercoating services at any body shop with a layer of gloss or flat black rustoleom or POR15 but that's not quite what I'm looking for. That's more for SUV's and trucks that go off-road... I will consider it if I can't find anything else. Another member suggested changing all the bolts to stainless. I am interested in doing that.
Yeah changing the bolts to SS is a good idea i did all of mine this year in fact,simple job. I only had to drill out a single bolt so it wasn`t a problem.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm on my second GTR here in New England, land of salt and snow... and both of my GTR's were riddled with rusted and broken underbody hardware. I just had to drill out another one a couple months ago.

Since then I decided to do something about it. I am actually in the final stages of finishing a kit specifically for the R35 GTR to replace all its' underbody hardware with stainless steel. I'll be making it available for sale through multiple channels, but if your interested in one sooner, send me a PM and I can send you one. The kit includes roughly about 100 pcs. I am looking for a few owners to install the kit and give me feedback anyways

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I'm on my second GTR here in New England, land of salt and snow... and both of my GTR's were riddled with rusted and broken underbody hardware. I just had to drill out another one a couple months ago.

Since then I decided to do something about it. I am actually in the final stages of finishing a kit specifically for the R35 GTR to replace all its' underbody hardware with stainless steel. I'll be making it available for sale through multiple channels, but if your interested in one sooner, send me a PM and I can send you one. The kit includes roughly about 100 pcs. I am looking for a few owners to install the kit and give me feedback anyways
Tim

You have my address send one my way

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There we go! Very interested. PM sent!

·
Registered
333 Posts
My country have very bad roads so I am very interested as well. In fact, a lot of people from my country would be interested. Please keep us posted...thank you.

NNL

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Order placed! Thank you Tim for putting this kit together! Pics and impressions to follow.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone make an engine bay bolt replacement kit?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the heads up! Will check them out.

Dress Up Bolts sells a kit for the under hood hardware. That's what I have on my car. I added a few extra pieces for the front cover of my engine. Overall. I have no complaints

Sent from my SM-G900V using GT-R Life mobile app

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.