Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I’ve had my 2014 Black Edition GTR for about 6 months now and bought it in New Hampshire which gets a lot of snow during winter. Didnt have the undercarriage checked until now. Got the car appraised because I was contemplating selling it, then discovered that it has some rust under the car. Luckily it seems to be in places that I suspect would easily be replaced when I start modifying the car.

I’ve already done research about how to remove that rusty exhaust bolt so that shouldn’t be too bad, but I’m just wondering if y’all think I should be concerned about this. I live in a southern state now so I’d imagine this shouldn’t get much worse, but I do want to get it taken care of sooner rather than later.

thanks

Brown Outerwear Wood Grey Beige

Jaw Automotive tire Gas Snout Bumper

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Automotive tire Wood Sculpture Statue Formation

Gas Automotive tire Water Wood Plumbing

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Get rid of that heavy stock exhaust and replace it with an aftermarket SS or Titanium exhaust there are plenty that turns up for sale in the ads section. At the same time do all of the undercarriage bolts which will also be very corroded, that`s if they haven`t been done already.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get rid of that heavy stock exhaust and replace it with an aftermarket SS or Titanium exhaust there are plenty that turns up for sale in the ads section. At the same time do all of the undercarriage bolts which will also be very corroded, that`s if they haven`t been done already.
Which part of the exhaust does it look like to you? Looks like the mid pipe to me in which case that was going to be my first mod anyway

·
Registered
412 Posts
My car was also driven in winter before I bought it. we also have a lot of snow (and salty roads) in winter times.

I replaced all under carrigage bolts, removed all panels, about 150 M6/M8 screws. But i would be more concerned about sheet metal. I flooded all cavitys with mike sanders fat. This is easely done when you have your interiour out, for example when you do lowering springs you have to remove all the interiour. this is good time to flood all cavitys since you have enough holes for fluid injection.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot for the help guys, I have a mod list I’m going to start saving for and hopefully get that rust + the old undercarriage screws replaced. Would you guys recommend that I get a downpipe installed at the same time if I plan to do that eventually? I heard removing those can be a bitch

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
6,138 Posts
Not recommending a downpipe replacement unless your wanting to make big big power.
Also, downpipe swap is a drone maker unless you do the rest of your exhaust right.

Just my 2cents.

Reactions: Slimshady201

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What are your long-term goals? Fbo? Catless will leave you with the foul smell of gasoline to deal with, not very healthy! E85 would be better in that respect.
Long term goals are hopefully 1000+ HP as I don’t plan on ever getting rid of the car. Short term goals are FBO e85. I heard going catted mid pipe helps with the gas smell though?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts