Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
Thank you for fucking my wife, I mean, driving my car and having all the fun. Did they let Sebastian in the picture at the end?

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Thank you for fucking my wife, I mean, driving my car and having all the fun. Did they let Sebastian in the picture at the end?

That's a little harsh. He was driving his GTR and having fun. He knew the best chance of his car( which he probably hadn't driven in months and never at that power level) winning the event was with Kevin driving.

·
Registered
460 Posts
All these cars are very impressive.

I am impressed with how comfortable Kevin looks behind the wheel of these 2000+ hp cars.

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
That's a little harsh. He was driving his GTR and having fun. He knew the best chance of his car( which he probably hadn't driven in months and never at that power level) winning the event was with Kevin driving.
Sorry, I need to clarify, was talking about the underground cars that Kevin Howeth always drives for everyone. Its a carryover from another thread.

No one at underground drives their own car at these events. They pay upwards of 500k dollars and let someone else have all the fun. It seems like if Sebastian Robles paid for the Audi and all the work, he should get to compete with it.

I was trying to figure out why all the UR cars jump off the line early and then i realized it was because its always the same driver. Every event. Every driver is Kevin

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
All these cars are very impressive.

I am impressed with how comfortable Kevin looks behind the wheel of these 2000+ hp cars.
Its because he always drives the cars at these events and has all the fun. I'm guessing they dont want the negative press of a loss due to driver. Its probably part of some contract they sign or agreement to hang in the UR camp.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, I need to clarify, was talking about the underground cars that Kevin Howeth always drives for everyone. Its a carryover from another thread.

No one at underground drives their own car at these events. They pay upwards of 500k dollars and let someone else have all the fun. It seems like if Sebastian Robles paid for the Audi and all the work, he should get to compete with it.

I was trying to figure out why all the UR cars jump off the line early and then i realized it was because its always the same driver. Every event. Every driver is Kevin

That is not true Lambo Joe. In fact out of 6 KOTS UR has won, this is the first time Kevin has won KOTS.

Most of the time owners don't get to drive their car (unless they are going against a really slow car), but is not Kevin driving their car all the time, they have a lot of different drivers (Bob, Tag etc). Duhawks is the only one who drove his 2r at the last event (all races). He didn't drive his car at the 1/2 mile at 218mph, I think Tag drove his car.

I do understand your point, just trying to clarify some things.

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Incredible R8!! Congratulations on an amazing car.

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
That is not true Lambo Joe. In fact out of 6 KOTS UR has won, this is the first time Kevin has won KOTS.

Most of the time owners don't get to drive their car (unless they are going against a really slow car), but is not Kevin driving their car all the time, they have a lot of different drivers (Bob, Tag etc). Duhawks is the only one who drove his 2r at the last event (all races). He didn't drive his car at the 1/2 mile at 218mph, I think Tag drove his car.

I do understand your point, just trying to clarify some things.
Well that's good news to hear. I've probably seen 4 or 5 videos in the last week that are circulating around here on the forum and in each one it lists Kevin as the driver. It just didn't seem fair to pay all that money and let someone else have all the fun. It's good to know that that's not always the case.

On another note, that R 8 is fast as shit. Incredible power to hold off the T 1 car like that.

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts

This is completely untrue and as stupid as the comments in the last thread. I am not taking sides here but two things to consider are (1) safety factor around being an owner and getting into a car for the first time in the most extreme use situation and (2) the whole race horse / owner mentality.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
This is completely untrue and as stupid as the comments in the last thread. I am not taking sides here but two things to consider are (1) safety factor around being an owner and getting into a car for the first time in the most extreme use situation and (2) the whole race horse / owner mentality.
+1 putting owners in their cars at events like this pose danger not only to the owner but to those others competing. Would not want inexperienced drivers in these events. At the end of the day, the owner gets to take his car home and do as he wishes. But at this major press event, I think it's irresponsible to put an owner in a newly developed vehicle.

plus if something goes wrong, UR is responsible not the owner

·
Registered
386 Posts
Man wish the GT-R would have got a better start! GT-R recovered though.

Sent from my SM-N900T using GT-R Life mobile app

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
+1 putting owners in their cars at events like this pose danger not only to the owner but to those others competing. Would not want inexperienced drivers in these events. At the end of the day, the owner gets to take his car home and do as he wishes. But at this major press event, I think it's irresponsible to put an owner in a newly developed vehicle.

plus if something goes wrong, UR is responsible not the owner
That's ridiculous. I'm sure they didn't go from driving a Prius to an X Lamborghini. You really think they're scared to drive it home too? please

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
That is a ridiculous comparison. A jockey rides a horse because he weighs 100 pounds, not because he's the best rider.

Try again.

They race in a straight line with an AWD car with traction control where they step on the gas and flip a switch with their fingers. there's not much to it. also, as I said in the previous comment, it's not like they came from a Prius to a Lamborghini.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is a ridiculous comparison. A jockey rides a horse because he weighs 100 pounds, not because he's the best rider.

Try again.

They race in a straight line with an AWD car with traction control where they step on the gas and flip a switch with their fingers. there's not much to it. also, as I said in the previous comment, it's not like they came from a Prius to a Lamborghini.

Looking at the videos, I don't see them flipping anything. Gas to the floor, hands to the wheels, brake after finish line.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
To a degree, I have to agree with Lambo Joe. If it only the shop owner or shop pro driver that drives customer cars, why even enter customer cars in the event. They could just run the shop car. There is no logic in this unless you are saying UG builds cars that are unsafe for anyone but a professional driver. I have a car that is dialed in for road course action. There is no way I'd go to a track event and let Randy Pobst or Mike Skeen drive around my car all day while I watched. What the fuck is the point of that?

If they are worried about having the 'best run' with a given car for PR purposes, let Kevin or their shop driver do one run and let the owner drive it the rest of the time.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts