Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to start a discussion about logging and really looking to get some insight as to what one should be looking for or at while going through log files that EcuTek produces. I consider myself somewhat knowledeable about the concepts but last night I couldn't understand nor determine if my car was having a problem by simply looking at my log files.

Note: TL;DR included at the bottom =)

Preface: 2015 Premium GTR
FBO+E85
20" ADV1 with new MPSS

Previous best 1/4 time (February of this year on 18" Volk Ze40's running R888's in the rear on a John V tune - mix of 93/E85) = 1.5 60ft, 10.3 1/4, 131mph.
Swapped back to stock wheels and tires (with still decent tread a few weeks later and still managed to pull 1.6 60's, 10.4 1/4's @ 130-135mph's.

I switched to Ben Linney in April and have only been to the track once since which was a few months ago. With my stock wheels and 8k miles on the factory tires, I still managed a 10.7 1/4 with a crappy 1.7 60ft @ 131mph, full E85.

Fast forward to last night. The temps here in Florida were down around 73-75. A couple of us went out for a test n tune session. This is my first time out with the new wheels and tires. Tire pressure was at 30psi square, LC at 4100, RROFF. First run and I had bad wheel hop (first time in the GTR). Car ran 1.8 60ft, 11.0 1/4, 127 MPH. First thing that caught my attention was MPH seems really low for my setup.

Second run, I dropped tire pressure to 28 PSI rear, LC at 3800, RROFF and the car launched like it normally does with zero wheel hop. Car ran 1.7 60ft, 10.8x, but still 127 MPH.

Third run, same tire pressure, LC now at 3600, RROFF and the car ran 1.7 60, 10.9, and yet again 127.

So the 60ft time needs some work with the new tires. But the MPH just seems too low although any changes I made (tire pressure, LC, etc..) would yield a consistent 127 MPH. I only logged the second run (which was the best run) which I've sent to Ben to see if he notices anything but I really would like to understand what I'm looking at myself in the log file. The only things I could tell was that I was hitting a max boost pressure of 1.4 bar (21psi, I believe).

Also, my CC's were bumped to +4/+4 (from +3/+3) on all runs.

TL;DR = Car usually traps 131-135mph. Last night car was only trapping 127 but on 4 runs. I'm looking for knowledge on how to read my log files to determine why and or recognize any issues.

Attachments

· Vendor
57 Posts
Fuel trims are all over the place, bank 1 trims max a few times during the pull. What injectors?

The boost seems pretty low for FBO E85, target is only 14psi. Maybe you have adjustable boost settings, and you were on the low setting? Even if this is the case, I wouldn't advice running the car hard until the fueling issue is addressed.

· Registered
223 Posts
Fuel trims are all over the place, bank 1 trims max a few times during the pull. What injectors?

The boost seems pretty low for FBO E85, target is only 14psi. Maybe you have adjustable boost settings, and you were on the low setting? Even if this is the case, I wouldn't advice running the car hard until the fueling issue is addressed.
Thanks for the feedback Rob. Injectors are 1150cc's (FIC). As far as I know I only have 1 map that Ben tuned. One thing I did notice before my first run was when I was in the staging lanes I wanted to double-check my LC. What I remember doing before was having the car on and WITHOUT putting it in drive, I could go RROFF, brake, pedal and check the LC settings. However, this time when I did that the RPM"s would rise to 5k and hold, for as long as I wanted where as LC usually shuts down around 3-4 seconds after. During this time I did use the up/down toggle on the cruse setting to see if it would change from 5k but nothing visible happened. When I did put the car into gear, I then repeated the same steps and I could adjust LC using the up/down toggle.

So, I did wonder if I may have changed something before all of my runs but I wasn't aware of nor knew how to if that's the case. I do know how to change maps (1-4) but the car was set on map 1 (1krpm) and again as I recall, Ben never tuned the car for other maps since I can run E85 year around.

I also do recall Ben checking my fuel trims before and on this revision (4th) he said everything was good to go, although it appears something has changed based on your feedback.

· Registered
3,210 Posts
I'm hoping to start a discussion about logging and really looking to get some insight as to what one should be looking for or at while going through log files that EcuTek produces. I consider myself somewhat knowledeable about the concepts but last night I couldn't understand nor determine if my car was having a problem by simply looking at my log files.

Note: TL;DR included at the bottom =)

Preface: 2015 Premium GTR
FBO+E85
20" ADV1 with new MPSS

Previous best 1/4 time (February of this year on 18" Volk Ze40's running R888's in the rear on a John V tune - mix of 93/E85) = 1.5 60ft, 10.3 1/4, 131mph.
Swapped back to stock wheels and tires (with still decent tread a few weeks later and still managed to pull 1.6 60's, 10.4 1/4's @ 130-135mph's.

I switched to Ben Linney in April and have only been to the track once since which was a few months ago. With my stock wheels and 8k miles on the factory tires, I still managed a 10.7 1/4 with a crappy 1.7 60ft @ 131mph, full E85.

Fast forward to last night. The temps here in Florida were down around 73-75. A couple of us went out for a test n tune session. This is my first time out with the new wheels and tires. Tire pressure was at 30psi square, LC at 4100, RROFF. First run and I had bad wheel hop (first time in the GTR). Car ran 1.8 60ft, 11.0 1/4, 127 MPH. First thing that caught my attention was MPH seems really low for my setup.

Second run, I dropped tire pressure to 28 PSI rear, LC at 3800, RROFF and the car launched like it normally does with zero wheel hop. Car ran 1.7 60ft, 10.8x, but still 127 MPH.

Third run, same tire pressure, LC now at 3600, RROFF and the car ran 1.7 60, 10.9, and yet again 127.

So the 60ft time needs some work with the new tires. But the MPH just seems too low although any changes I made (tire pressure, LC, etc..) would yield a consistent 127 MPH. I only logged the second run (which was the best run) which I've sent to Ben to see if he notices anything but I really would like to understand what I'm looking at myself in the log file. The only things I could tell was that I was hitting a max boost pressure of 1.4 bar (21psi, I believe).

Also, my CC's were bumped to +4/+4 (from +3/+3) on all runs.

TL;DR = Car usually traps 131-135mph. Last night car was only trapping 127 but on 4 runs. I'm looking for knowledge on how to read my log files to determine why and or recognize any issues.
totally different to logs i saw a few months ago. trims high and af lean, should have seen a cut come in. ill go over items to check over on email

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.