Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wheel clearance on the right side of the car is a lot less than the wheel clearance on the left. It's actually causing my right tire to rub on the fender well.

Any possible causes? If have stock shocks and eibach springs.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
The clearance issue was found on some cars that were running swift springs

Maybe the same phenomena occurred on your eibach springs

I think its better to wait for feedback from people who have eibach springs installed for as long as you have with similar driving style

·
Super Moderator
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm. You think the spring stiffness on one side is changing?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Can you confirm that the left and right were correct after installation of the Eibachs? If it was even, I would guess a weak/faulty spring on one side.

·
R35 Addict
204 Posts
I have the same issue on my car, however i have stock shocks and springs. I will post pictures in a few

edit: pics attached.
btw this only stated showing up recently.. and its affecting the car's handling in a straight line at high speed. I gotta check it out at the dealer asap

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to check my alignment to see if the camber is off on one side.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Have same issue think one of the shocks are gone car is very bouncy on turns dealer replaced springs an still the car is leaning in front

·
Super Moderator
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Car doesn't feel bouncy and the suspension control switch still makes a difference in ride quality so shocks still working.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I too have the same problem and talked to numerous shops but no one has given me a clear answer to date.
A good news is it has not affected the car's handling characteristics and high speed stability. Also the alignment is dead accurate as it can be.
BTW, I have Swift springs and Stillen adj. sway bar set up.

·
R35 Addict
204 Posts
I too have the same problem and talked to numerous shops but no one has given me a clear answer to date.
A good news is it has not affected the car's handling characteristics and high speed stability. Also the alignment is dead accurate as it can be.
BTW, I have Swift springs and Stillen adj. sway bar set up.
If you look at your wheels from the front or back, does your right wheel look like it has more camber?

·
Registered
415 Posts
I had this same height issue with stock springs, and then it was exaggerated when I lowered on swifts...so weird.

·
Super Moderator
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nothing in trunk and the car is uneven without a driver. I've been told that early eibach springs tend to sag or become uneven. I'm changing the springs to see if that solves it.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hm, I hope this isn't a widespread issue... Even some 2012s being affected I see.

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
Nothing in trunk and the car is uneven without a driver. I've been told that early eibach springs tend to sag or become uneven. I'm changing the springs to see if that solves it.
Gregs car was a bit uneven in pictures, but once he got here, we spent some time looking at it. Put a driver in the seat, and it wasn't that different side to side. I forget the exact number, but it wasn't much of a concern. The springs might settle a little unevenly, but there was nothing obvious that we could see. We thought it might be a spring rubber or the spring moving in the seat a little.

·
Registered
741 Posts
If you look at your wheels from the front or back, does your right wheel look like it has more camber?
It does look like right wheel has slightly more camber but then again, three shops including Nissan dealer confirmed the alignment is correct.
As Sean mentioned above the car evens out when I get into a driver seat. This uneven thing bothers me a bit but as long as the car is stable at high speed I'm all good

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.