Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
SMS D&P are working on a new bumper that will be released soon, they are using my car to develop so i thought i'd share this with you all.

They are also working on wide fenders with and without upper ducts. The bumper will be ready before the fenders.
http://www.nagtroc.o...er-development/

Click to enlarge
Vehicle Wheel Hood Vehicle registration plate Grille

1. Fins
2. The middle part of the front grill will have a cutout like the Mines and Nismo bumper
3. Nismo style triangular ducts for the intakes
4. The middle and the top part of the grill will be a 1 piece like the Mines bumper
5. The stock bottom ducts that feed air to the transmission and oil cooler have been rerouted to feed more air to the intercooler.

And as you can see there are ducts for the side coolers as well.

The lip is from Cwest, and it is just used here to get an idea.... Any aftermarket lip can fit from 09-11 models. Will share more info within this week...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
A bumper to complement the fenders

You guys are making it too good to be true

You know I'm down for one of those

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice and gd luck Farooq wish the prices wil not have the GTR TAX
Like any other GTR aftermarket part, its going to be priced a little higher than a regular import car but knowing SMS they will price it atleast 10 to 15% cheaper than any GOOD QUALITY bumpers out there. With that being said, countless hours has been spent to make all the lines, seems and gaps flow as if it was a factory direct part. So when you put this bumper on your car you wont regret for a minute what you paid for it. I am sure if a group buy is arranged we all can reap the benefits of a bigger discount. Trust me guys this thing is gonna look really nice, here's a few spy shots to keep you on your toes, its 1AM and we're still at the shop working on it and trying to get it done for a mold in 2 to 3 days. Stay tuned....

If you notice, there are 5 vortex generators that are equal in length, size and proportion Integrated into the R-Face bumper and the opening slants smoothly to the OEM grill that can be refitted back to the SMS front bumper.

Note: This is still in prototype stage

Notice that the side vents are designed to swallow as much air possible and force it through the cores of your OEM/Aftermarket oil coolers. SMS recons there will be a substantial reduction in oil temps due to their design, hopefully their customers can vouch for that in a later stage by looking at their magical MFD screen. Also, if you notice the center section of the mouth, you will see ( marked ) where the cutout is that will funnel air to the top part of the inter cooler.

Note: The corner lights no longer exists on this bumper.

By the time you see this the original cooler scoops ( the 2 OEM openings below that feed air to the oil coolers ) are deleted now and i can tell you that it looks waay better than they do now. Stay tuned till tomorrow for more shots of the bumper in its latest stage and expect to see another 2 openings on the side of the mouth that will force feed air to your aftermarket filters. SMS also recons that customers with aftermarket intakes will benifit the most out of this design;

Stay tuned for more pics and info....

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Update

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for posting the pics bud.

Im out of town and will be back in a few days. Will update you guys with details when im back.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Looking good bro, was this done using 2012+ front bumper? I sure hope so.

Can't wait on installed pics.
I believe this was done on a 2009 bumper

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey guys,

Heres some more updates on the Bumper. This time on the car.

The changes now are minor and cannot be seened on pictures basically because we just tightning up all the lines and making everything symmetrical left to right.

Leave you with some latest shots.

If you notice we have deleted the side markers and it gives a much cleaner look.

And if your asking where the vortex generators went? Dont worry guys we are putting them back as soon as we finish detailing the rest of the vents..

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Looking good

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great work SMS. Cant wait to see it installed on the "Gun Shot" GTR you guys are working on. Good stuff

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks Guys,

We have the Vortex generators on and all the lines are almost where we want them. Our next step is to shoot 'Guide' paint to show how straight and even all the lines are.'Race face' will be Two-Toned, the center section will be black and the rest of the bumper would be white so we can see how its going to look when its done.

Stay Tuned for more updated pictures in an hour or so....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here you go guys.

Its 5:05am, and we are fighting to keep our eye lids open but we feel that we owe you this. So, what we have here is the final Prototype. We are going to include of Member Q's car with his OEM Bumper with the mines Grill insert and the Canards. PLUS the C-West front lip and the same goes for the 'Race Face'.

Enjoy guys.

Do let us know what do you guys think, And stop being stingy with the comments, it helps us alot specially in our future designs.

PS: To all our friends with the 2012, we promise that as soon as we get out hands on a 2012 GTR with a customer willing to let us do the mock up, we will start immediately.

Side by side shot to show the Quality of our Bumper VS the OEM.

The OEM Bumper without the C-West Lip

The 'Race Face' Bumper without the C-West Lip

Side View Without the C-West Lip

Side View Without the C-West Lip

The oem Bumper

The Race Face Bumper

OEM Bumper with C-West Lip

Race Face with C-West Lip

Side View of the OEM bumper with the C-West Lip

Side View of the 'Race Face' Bumper with the C-West Lip

Heres a view tight shots to see how good the lines look.

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looking goooooood. Love it guys, great work, fitment and quality!

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
it looks interesting. i think it will be a good front bumper. im more of a 2012 bumper guy tho. id like to see how you could do that... in particular the double canards, but i think it would be easier to remove them as i dont think they would look good moved up... i wonder if they would look cool as short double canards right next to the side opening ports. I like this better than the other options that are similar. this just gives much more airflow where its needed and still looks good.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Mahallah lovin the fitment and attention to detail

Great work SMS

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Great fitment, just don't like the upper grille vortex thing

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.