Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i appreciate the replies i got when deciding on which upgrade to get. well this past wknd i did the ecutek upgrade, i cant be happier on many levels. lets start by saying that both john and jimmy were extremely patient and made me feel comfortable and allowed me to ask a multitude of questions after which i was still indecisive (cobb reliability vs the shops confidence in ecutek). jimmy left and john spent alittle more time w/ me and i finally went w/ the ecutek. the custom tune clearly made my car drive better, i down shift less and have more passing power. the hp/torque curve generated from driving showed a significant increase w/ the tune. sorry i dont have dyno numbers maybe this wknd ill get it on the dyno. the car definitely pulls harder and longer in the higher gears. there is more break away w/ the tires as the boost builds which i never had before in gears 3 and 4. i know this is all subjective but for me my driving experience is enhanced which ultimately is what counts. the lc4 upgrade was not important to me in deciding to go w ecutek but in the end i have to say im glad this tune had it. the clunkiness in 1st and 2nd at low speeds is no longer present.it is definitely smoother at slow speeds. the ability to change launch rpm is cool but ive not launched it yet... afraid i might damage the tranny.
this upgrade allows one to save two maps that you can change on the fly and adjust boost. ive only had it for a day but so far my car had no issues. i will keep you posted. one last thing; i have to say john clearly knows his stuff w this program. thank you again to The Shopct.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
awesome write up...

I have great confidence in Johns capabilities.

Just waiting on a few more things and I m heading up to tune with him.

Question: did you street tune only ? is that the reason for no dyno #'s

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
i appreciate the replies i got when deciding on which upgrade to get. well this past wknd i did the ecutek upgrade, i cant be happier on many levels. lets start by saying that both john and jimmy were extremely patient and made me feel comfortable and allowed me to ask a multitude of questions after which i was still indecisive (cobb reliability vs the shops confidence in ecutek). jimmy left and john spent alittle more time w/ me and i finally went w/ the ecutek. the custom tune clearly made my car drive better, i down shift less and have more passing power. the hp/torque curve generated from driving showed a significant increase w/ the tune. sorry i dont have dyno numbers maybe this wknd ill get it on the dyno. the car definitely pulls harder and longer in the higher gears. there is more break away w/ the tires as the boost builds which i never had before in gears 3 and 4. i know this is all subjective but for me my driving experience is enhanced which ultimately is what counts. the lc4 upgrade was not important to me in deciding to go w ecutek but in the end i have to say im glad this tune had it. the clunkiness in 1st and 2nd at low speeds is no longer present.it is definitely smoother at slow speeds. the ability to change launch rpm is cool but ive not launched it yet... afraid i might damage the tranny.
this upgrade allows one to save two maps that you can change on the fly and adjust boost. ive only had it for a day but so far my car had no issues. i will keep you posted. one last thing; i have to say john clearly knows his stuff w this program. thank you again to The Shopct.
Archie first contacted us last week, we talked for a while on the phone about his needs / wants.

I explained that ultimatley he was going to leave happy but it was up to him to decide on which product to use (Cobb or EcuTek)

When he arrived Saturday he said after speaking to a few different shops he was wary about the EcuTek.

It's disappointing to hear that shops that have absolutely no experience with EcuTek's GTR Product would say negative things.

Even though I might come across as an 'EcuTek fan boy' on the forums we actively use and equally love both products.

So I gave him his options again and with out any pressure let him pick.

Anyways - Archie I'm happy your enjoying your new found smoothness & power!

Hope to see you this weekend for the dyno!

-John

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the car was not on the dyno, was really late when things got worked out. if i can get there this wknd we will have a chance to see the dyno numbers. will keep the forum updated

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im going to try to get they around 10-10 30 if i have time. pm me if you like w your number and ill give you a call(especially if you want to discuss the upgrade)

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Just want to give other guys a heads up, if you have 2008-09 GTR and LC4 installed, Consult III will not be able to diagnose/monitor/relearn the TCM. Not sure if you can uninstall LC4 at home (DIY) with ecutek, but with cobb you can uninstall and be able to get Consult III to diagnose. I havent tried the combination with Consult III plus..

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Just want to give other guys a heads up, if you have 2008-09 GTR and LC4 installed, Consult III will not be able to diagnose/monitor/relearn the TCM. Not sure if you can uninstall LC4 at home (DIY) with ecutek, but with cobb you can uninstall and be able to get Consult III to diagnose. I havent tried the combination with Consult III plus..
*edit*
The original Consult III will not be able to diagnose/monitor/relearn if you have LC4.

Reason- The original Consult III does not fully support newer cars... They are unable to communicate with their newer ECM or TCM.

However the Consult III+ that all the US dealerships have or should have will diagnose/monitor/relearn with out any problems.

-John

·
Registered
323 Posts
Archie I am glad it all worked out and your happy with the end result , now that you got your feet wet I can't wait to begin the modding

- Jimmy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts