Coolant 210 Koyo radiator
Tranny 240 HKS cooler

I ran the entire day without over heating... Best I've done ever
I usually quite after 2-3 sessions

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Glad to hear it!

Curious do you have a before/after temp breakdown of each thing (engine oil, coolant, tranny cooler)? Or did you do them all at the same time?

I am especially curious as to how much the radiator upgrade helped but wonder when it was done in proximity to the other cooling upgrades.

·
Greyzilla activist
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did tranny and radiator first and both temp was under good control, but engine oil will still be high
After engine oil cooler, all under good control.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Glad my oil cooler mod worked for you too. It's really nice to be able to run all day at the track without overheating anything. Well, except the brakes;-)

I'm running stock rad and I did get a coolant overheat warning once last year, but only once. Other than that, I was able to run flat out the whole year. HKS tranny cooler as well.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Glad my oil cooler mod worked for you too. It's really nice to be able to run all day at the track without overheating anything. Well, except the brakes;-)

I'm running stock rad and I did get a coolant overheat warning once last year, but only once. Other than that, I was able to run flat out the whole year. HKS tranny cooler as well.
May I ask what oil cooler mod that is?

Thanks

·
Registered
533 Posts
What was the ambient temp that day? Kind of dissapointing the trans cooler still doesn't keep it under 238F or whatever it is to use the longer fluid change interval.

·
Greyzilla activist
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What was the ambient temp that day? Kind of dissapointing the trans cooler still doesn't keep it under 238F or whatever it is to use the longer fluid change interval.
Dude , use upgraded oil then good to 260

·
Registered
981 Posts
Nice results dob! It's so satisfying after all the work we put in, when the car will finally run cool enough to enjoy it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts