Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Just got my cover done at SMS Design & Performance. This thing looks very cool, Im really happy how the cover turned out.

Still in prototype stage.

With Silver Mesh.

With Black Mesh

With Carbon Fiber

More Pictures: Post #10 - #29 - #39 - and Page 3

·
Registered
346 Posts
Grats bro very nice cover how much did it cost I may be interested

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Matte black with gloss carbon fibre for me bro

It really looks great

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
These are the only pics i have for today. I'll snap better shots tomorrow without any finger prints on the cover

pics deleted. See post number 10

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive spoken to the guys at SMS and they are defo thinking of producing this piece but because the cover is still in its prototype stage they are not going to put a price on it until its finalized.

What i understand from them there will be a base model. What you see right now on my car
is the base model except it will have another cf peice added to the back part of it, i will post updated pics when that is done.

What you will get with the base model is a matte black peice without any type of inserts but with a small cf peice like i said before ( that will be at the back wall of the cover ).

The options will be silver mesh, black mesh powder coated ( the mesh is made out of aluminum so corrosion is not an issue ) or CF for the base model like shown here....

The top of the line engine cover will sport another big peice of cf added to the front part of the cover that matches the angle of the side cutouts, that piece will have a cf insert and will have the logo of SMS on it.

On the base model the SMS logo will be in the front center of the cover as a standard option and its a 3D logo. Like this....

The base models will also have the sms logo in the center of the front part of the cover but it will only have the letters to cover which appears plain at the moment so in other words it will kind of replace the Nissan logo to not make appear very plain.

IF you want any custom work done to the cover let me know by PM. As far as paint goes, they can match the peice to your existing car paint or any color of your choice. And from what i understand also when you recieve your piece it will be ready to be bolted in less than 10 minutes, and it will come with its own tool to install the cover. It will be packaged in a box with installation diagram and it would be easy enough for for your GF or your mother to install it. I bet that will be fun to watch!

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Im all in

·
Registered
563 Posts
Looking good mabrook!

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Fantastic! I freaking love it. Now I don't have to spend 2.5k on the mines engine cover I so love... Or do I? Anyways, I am also very interested in this one. I'm still torn on what paint I want to do. Please keep me posted. Pm me anytime when you get the pricing. In the meantime I will think about how to custom this beautiful cover.

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fantastic! I freaking love it. Now I don't have to spend 2.5k on the mines engine cover I so love... Or do I? Anyways, I am also very interested in this one. I'm still torn on what paint I want to do. Please keep me posted. Pm me anytime when you get the pricing. In the meantime I will think about how to custom this beautiful cover.

This is the best alternative. There is nothing like it in the market, they all look OEM ( except Mines ) and i am sure you will be very happy with the pricing.

·
Aм labelled as a trouble мAкE&#1
1,522 Posts
I havn't seen something like this before, defenitly a master piece, excellent work

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Interested in seeing one color coded with the Metallic Grey.
That will take time to make another piece just to show it to you. I asked a friend to photoshop the cover in different colors including Gray. Will keep you posted.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.