Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Going to Macon to look at this car tomorrow. Gonna find out trade value on my Vette, but it looks like they are asking high on this car. Just wanted to get an idea of what I should get them to.

Quick look:Exterior: Super Silver
  • Interior: Gray
  • Stock #: 251497
  • Engine: 3.8L DOHC 24-valve twin-turbocharged V6 engine
  • VIN #: JN1AR54F79M251497
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Mileage: 23,234
Link to actual car.

http://www.paulwalsh...dition_id=10426

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
376 Posts
about 64k .. try to get as close to 60k even as possible .. If they dont budge , just keep searching they are out there

·
Registered
977 Posts
What mods have been done to the car. Those are J hook rotors. If the tires are good and it has been serviced not over 60K.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will have to find the mods out tomorrow. He did say it was modded, but at 69k I would think it would need a lot. Not to mention we all know mods don't really bring the price up..... He also told me he sold that car to the previous owner, so they know car. Ironic thing is he traded it in for a vette......I am taking a vette up there to trade for it. Weird circle of events....

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
I will have to find the mods out tomorrow. He did say it was modded, but at 69k I would think it would need a lot. Not to mention we all know mods don't really bring the price up..... He also told me he sold that car to the previous owner, so they know car. Ironic thing is he traded it in for a vette......I am taking a vette up there to trade for it. Weird circle of events....
not a single penny over 60k..

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm having a similar problem with dealers trying to tell me I won't find an 09 GTR for less than what they are asking (69K). I told them thanks but there is no way in hell I'm paying that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here are mods, don't know specific details though
rear stabilizers on the rear defuser
tinted windows.....
cold air intakes
ecu tune
full exhaust.......mid pipes are stainless and cat back is titanium

don't know brands or any of that

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so with all that being said....I have another post going about what to look for when buying a GTR. Since this is modded, should i be looking for anything specific, or asking questions....

Thanks for all the help BTW!!!

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
he said warranty is still good, just below 600 awhp, 10-11k in parts
how can they offer warranty if the car is modded with 600whp?? don't believe the hype

IF something happens to the engine or tranny good luck trying to get nissan to pay for it.. just saying..

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm also having trouble believing a different type of metal pipe and a different air filter makes all of that additional HP...........I'm calling bullshit as well.

·
Registered
468 Posts
here are mods, don't know specific details though
rear stabilizers on the rear defuser
tinted windows.....
cold air intakes
ecu tune
full exhaust.......mid pipes are stainless and cat back is titanium

don't know brands or any of that
It is very possible for that car to have 600 HP.
Doesn't the P600 Switzer package have the same hardware?
It's the ECU reprogram that supposedly gets those numbers once the intake and exhaust is changed to allow freer breathing.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So how would I get no bullshit proof the warranty is good. Get them to write it down? Maybe at least that way if Nissan won't pay they will? I have read on here that you can the car to plus 150 whp and still be good on the warranty. Mind u this is only me reading. I am a newb to this car and forum.

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
So how would I get no bullshit proof the warranty is good. Get them to write it down? Maybe at least that way if Nissan won't pay they will? I have read on here that you can the car to plus 150 whp and still be good on the warranty. Mind u this is only me reading. I am a newb to this car and forum.
Not sure where you read that.. but i can tell you 100% that if a car has a tune on it making 30whp more warranty will be voided if you blew the motor and nissan went into the black box ... look for 65k-69k on a 2009 gtr with 23k miles.. you are paying way too much and the risk the dealership will pay for NEW engine and NOT nissan is way to big..

seems like better deals :
http://www.cars.com/...ORM&enableSeo=1

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?model=GT-R&search_lang=en&start_year=2009&search_type=both&distance=0&rdm=1320465370552&marketZipError=false&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2012&showZipError=n&dma=SAVANNAH_SA&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=0&isFlashPlugin=true&default_sort=priceDESC&address=30450&sort_type=priceDESC&max_price=70000&make=NISSAN&seller_type=b&num_records=25&pager.offset=25&first_record=26

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I do not "technically have the car in my possession, but I hope to this weekend. I am just waiting on the title for my trade, and the deal is done. Just wanted to write up a little update about the car. This has been a long and stressful deal actually. Hopefully it is all worth it! Here goes....

Final purchase price of car is 66k. Included within that price was, 1k for all the stock parts and a second set of racing pads, a 3 yr extended warranty, and ironically a brand new transmission. Like others on here I guess it had one of the problems arise and it got a new tranny installed it was completed on the 19th of December. Now I don't know if the tranny is one of the newer ones that have had a few of the fixes or an older model. I will be talking to the Nissan mechanic about that and see what says, if he even knows.

So I didn't think paying 1k for the stock parts was that bad, but I am sure and don't mind your inputs. Also, the extended warranty, I guess, cost him like 3500. That makes the car price at 61500, which is closer to what people were saying. All and all I think it was a good deal.

I honestly did not mind paying a bit more for the car, because the seller seemed to be extremely picky about his car. He would take it in to get every little noise, issue, concern taking care of. He himself said he was not really mechanically inclined, so I know he was not in there digging and messing with shit either. He has all the service records and receipts to go along with this. That all helped.

Ok so about the car itself. It has been modified and tuned, and is actually 99% under warranty. It was recertified by Nissan and the extended warranty covers everything "except for" the ECU. The seller told me that am the one thing not covered due to the tune. However, he said a new one is like 1100 if something happens to it, or I wanted everything warranted. I personally don't care as long as the rest of the car, which is obviously proven with the recent tranny swap. I will post all the exact mods later, but I do know it has the HKS's Full Titanium Limited Edition GT-R Exhaust. The car was tuned at Forged, and they installed all the parts, so maybe they will chime in and give some more details on the car.

One thing I did find out, and you guys were correct on, is the car does "NOT" have 600 hp. The dyno sheet from forged says 485, but that tune was back in late 09, so I am sure a retune should be done, and that will give a bit more in the numbers. Not anywhere close to 600 though, so that was pretty upsetting....

I'm sure I will write more as I think of it. I'm ecstatic to be part of the club, and prepare for the onslaught of stupid questions and what not that you guys have seen 1000! However I have been digging!!!

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
A Forged tune on a 2009 that makes 485whp is a very strong car -- especially on pump gas. That is ~100 more hp than stock configuration.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well it looks like I may be getting this car tomorrow! The owner will be in Bainbridge, which is a little closer than Macon. Seems like he is not to worried if i don't have the title at that time.

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Well it looks like I may be getting this car tomorrow! The owner will be in Bainbridge, which is a little closer than Macon. Seems like he is not to worried if i don't have the title at that time.
Great, PM sent.
Yeah I think I remember that car...hard to keep track of every single once since a few hundred GT-R's have come our shop for tuning and service work. There have been great improvements to the Cobb Software and hardware so i am sure I can pick up some more power for you.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.