Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody
I recently bought the gt-r from a friend already prepared He said he built the engine and the gearbox but on the gearbox he doesn't remember what he did in preparation. He said its a shep modification, but doesnt remember what is the Stage. The only thing i know is the car has 930whp-115kgfm and it runs perfectly. The sound of the trans is that of forged one. Does this sound is compatible with any stage? Or just upper stages? He said he thinks its Stage 3 shep. How could i confirm that? Im planning to put more power on my new project and i need to know If o have to upgrade more the tranny
Thanks

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Your "friend" doesn't have a paper trail for the work he had done?

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Shep has serial numbers for every transmission he’s touched.

If the gears whine then sounds like it has billet gears which would be a stage 3 or greater.

Email John - [email protected]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your "friend" doesn't have a paper trail for the work he had done?
Unfortunatelly not
Shep has serial numbers for every transmission he’s touched.

If the gears whine then sounds like it has billet gears which would be a stage 3 or greater.

Email John - [email protected]
thanks man. Once he told me this should be Stage 3, but not certain about that

·
Registered
467 Posts
Droptopp is correct. The VIN# is on the trans. It's on the side near the pan on bottom. John can easily identify what's been done and when.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Droptopp is correct. The VIN# is on the trans. It's on the side near the pan on bottom. John can easily identify what's been done and when.
The problem is :
Im from Brazil, and the transmission was built here. Only the internal components was imported
So, i dont know how to check this. Are there the internal components marked some way?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts