Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my goal is to get a 4.9 60-130 on stock block and transmission. Has anyone done this?
My mods are fbo e85 upgraded turbos currently on 20 inch rims.
elevation is around 1200ft

Azure Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
There was one other person who I've seen cut a 4.9x. Weight reduction and maybe some 18s will get you there. Watch out for gear breakage... IIRC, it's 4th gear that will break on those types of long duration runs.

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
He shouldn’t be breaking any gears with that low of torque
I hope that is the case. We've seen others break 4th at FBO E85 over the years. Some are also running a different fluid mix to mitigate clutch slippage with the tradeoff being less gear protection so it does happen.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I hope that is the case. We've seen others break 4th at FBO E85 over the years. Some are also running a different fluid mix to mitigate clutch slippage with the tradeoff being less gear protection so it does happen.
You’re only supposed to run that fluid when you have gearset. Why would you switch to that fluid when the stock gears are already fragile? Thats user error

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
You’re only supposed to run that fluid when you have gearset. Why would you switch to that fluid when the stock gears are already fragile? Thats user error
I suppose you could ask the shops that recommend using it in cars they service. Maybe they know something we don't.

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
Yep STM did it a few years back 9.2 @ 148 stock motor/trans. [email protected]+ on OneK.

IIRC their 60-130 was 4.3 maybe a bit quicker on the OneK.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts