Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently started shopping around for a "stereo" upgrade, does anyone else think this recommendation from a local shop in Washington think this is completely crazy?
Here is what he suggested :

Here is what I would recommend:

Audison Bit One
This will allow me to attach all of the new audio components to the factory head unit. It will also allow me to correct the crummy audio signal coming out of the factory head as well. This also has a killer EQ built in making the factory head unit an ideal audio source.

Front Speaker
Focal Kevlar 3-way

Rear speakers
Focal Kevlar coaxials

Subwoofer
JL Audio W6

Amplifiers
Alpine PDX (3) of them

This install would be about $14K and we will not modify anything in the car. The vehicle will be able to go back to factory if or when you decide to sell it. NOTHING WILL BE CUT.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Did you try CNC in Bellevue? I prefer Morel speakers. Bit One is nice but you really only need a Audio Control.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That sounds like about $3,000-$4,000 in parts so they are asking for $11,000 for the install which I can't imagine taking more than 5-10hrs. You can do a really excellent sounding system for closer to $1,500 - $2,000 in parts. Installing speakers and amps is also pretty easy, I would recommend doing some more shopping around.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I agree with Icemastr. Looking at the equipment, cost of labor and sales pitch I have a good idea of where you got your quote from.

·
Registered
50 Posts
<thread revive> I found this video of a guy who put two 10" subs in the factory enclosure... that would be almost the perfect setup IMHO.

Has anyone tried this?

Wingnut, what did you end up doing for a stereo install?

I'm looking for a bit bass out of the system, which looks like it will be tough to do without taking up a bunch of trunk space.
-Martin

·
Tokyo Nightmare
1,773 Posts
That sounds like about $3,000-$4,000 in parts so they are asking for $11,000 for the install which I can't imagine taking more than 5-10hrs. You can do a really excellent sounding system for closer to $1,500 - $2,000 in parts. Installing speakers and amps is also pretty easy, I would recommend doing some more shopping around.
Can you elaborate on parts required ?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
<thread revive> I found this video of a guy who put two 10" subs in the factory enclosure... that would be almost the perfect setup IMHO.

Has anyone tried this?

I'm looking for a bit bass out of the system, which looks like it will be tough to do without taking up a bunch of trunk space.
-Martin
You can go with two 9" subs and get the sound you want, run your set up through a very good digital processor which allows you do dial them in perfectly. You will be very happy with the results, I am using two Morel subs with an AudioControl DQL-8 digital processor and they really do hit hard.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice setup... I'm assuming they sound better than that video demonstrates.

I guess i need to hear how good a nice set of 9's can sound before i go hog-wild on 10's or bigger. Anyone here in the seattle area that has a system i could listen to? mprsev i'm pretty sure i saw your car at magic nissan while i was getting an oil change, i know you're local

·
Tokyo Nightmare
1,773 Posts
Which model Morel subs fit into the stck box ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice setup... I'm assuming they sound better than that video demonstrates.

I guess i need to hear how good a nice set of 9's can sound before i go hog-wild on 10's or bigger. Anyone here in the seattle area that has a system i could listen to? mprsev i'm pretty sure i saw your car at magic nissan while i was getting an oil change, i know you're local
I am runing Hertz 3 way system on the front and 2 ways on the back and for sub(2) 8" JL W7, Audison Bit One + Audison Amp for the JL HD1000/1 Amp. You can adjust all your speaker with the Audison Bit one with a laptop + Everything can be put back together like nothing happend

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Hey update have not dine anything yet still shopping.
Anyone else have any luck?

Has anyone tried this?

-Martin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.