Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Nissan GT-R
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just a quick question. I just picked up a 2014 and was curiuos if the USB port can charge your phone? I connected my Samsung via USB and the phone detected the new connection but from what I could tell it wasn't charging. Is the USB port underpowered? Is it only for media that is copied over only?

Thanks for the space.

·
Kevin
448 Posts
Hi everyone, just a quick question. I just picked up a 2014 and was curiuos if the USB port can charge your phone? I connected my Samsung via USB and the phone detected the new connection but from what I could tell it wasn't charging. Is the USB port underpowered? Is it only for media that is copied over only?

Thanks for the space.
It charges my iPhone but extremely slow.

·
Registered
10,198 Posts
IIRC it’s only 1 amp.

·
Registered
350 Posts
IIRC it’s only 1 amp.
that’s right but limited by iphone.

I can not talk about samsung, but about Apple.

In the USB standard is defined, that if not data signal is detected on pin2/3, the controller (iphone in this case) goes into charge mode.

Now Apple integrated this slightly different. Their OEM charger generates a split voltage over pin 2/3, 2.7V and 2.3V, seeing that voltage in the data lines allows full charging up to 3amps.

Without - it will limit the current to 1A.

Apple claims this is for security reasons, but we all know the truth.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think its meant more as a data port? Not sure since I have an older GT-R.

Anyways, I did this instead which will charge at full wireless charging speed, and may work for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts