Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
www.goturnstop.com
1,377 Posts
The first batch of Haltech R35 ecus are enroute and due to clear customs June 29th.
This shipment is less then the originally stated 25 as we had to make some last minute changes to the harnesses.
The first USDM harnesses came out of the molds wednesday night and are continuing to roll out w/ a handful of harnesses coming in stateside each week.

I will be at Haltech USA monday morning as they arrive.

Price is $3200 shipped.
Contact me via pm for options including installation, tuning and add-ons.

·
www.goturnstop.com
1,377 Posts
Packaging breakdown:

First 2 production USDM R35 ecus w/ harnesses

Harness

Opening up the box
Additional connectors are for adding a MAP sensor and external wideband inputs

Wiring connector breakdown

R35 ECU

CD w/ software and USB cable

Software

I have these two ready to go and expecting 8 more next week.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Looks good Will.
Has anyone tried to run higher than 23psi with the Haltech? Does the OEM MAP sensor "see" a user defined value or is it just capped at it 23psi sensor limit?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Packaging breakdown:

First 2 production USDM R35 ecus w/ harnesses

Harness

Opening up the box
Additional connectors are for adding a MAP sensor and external wideband inputs

Wiring connector breakdown

R35 ECU

CD w/ software and USB cable

Software

I have these two ready to go and expecting 8 more next week.
are you doing a baseline map or custom tuning?

the $3200 includes everything? i thought at one point it was $3400 plus another $300 for some additional part??

How would someone without a local tuner take advantage of the Halltech? can you email maps back and forth?

Is this unit idiot proof at all? or could be really destroy the engine if we werent careful?

·
Registered
305 Posts
It is most certainly not idiot proof and you certainly could destroy your motor.
I ma sure you can downpad the software for free to walk through and see how you like it. I recomend doing that to see how confortable you are with it before you buy it.

·
www.goturnstop.com
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$3200 is the final retail price Haltech has set.
Basemap is included. Car will run and drive but it is highly recommended to have a competent tuner adjust the software for your specific setup.

Yes you can easily turn your motor into a $25k boat anchor. Hence the reason someone who tunes for a living, not someone who does it when they aren't bagging groceries needs to handle this. There is a big difference in taking a risk with a $1k honda motor and trying to figure out a tune vs. the GT-R. The consequences are much higher here. Choose your tuner wisely.

I will do custom tuning either on site here in Charlotte or by flying out to the customer. Remote tuning via email is possible but I am not a big fan of using this method. Just introduces too many unknowns into the equation. Prefer to be there to feel, hear, see and smell the vehicle during the tuning process.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Will
Looks great. Thanks for being so instrumental in getting this product to the states. Can you tune this on a 2 wheel dyno?
Josh

·
www.goturnstop.com
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will
Looks great. Thanks for being so instrumental in getting this product to the states. Can you tune this on a 2 wheel dyno?
Josh
Welcome.

It can be done on a 2wd dyno by pulling the front driveshaft. Prefer to run tune on an AWD but there aren't that many around so got to work with what you got.

Working on an electronic module that would allow a car to be dyno'd in 2wd w/o having to physically remove the driveshaft.

PM me your location, working on a couple tuning trips in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Welcome.

It can be done on a 2wd dyno by pulling the front driveshaft. Prefer to run tune on an AWD but there aren't that many around so got to work with what you got.

Working on an electronic module that would allow a car to be dyno'd in 2wd w/o having to physically remove the driveshaft.

PM me your location, working on a couple tuning trips in the next couple weeks.
PM Sent, Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts