Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im from the UK and we have tesco 99 RON fuel - i normall use the shell V-Power 98 RON but due to my location when low on fuel used the tesco 99 instead. After getting through a quarter of the tank the car seems to be lacking in power and doesn't have the same responsiveness as before.

I am guessing it is due to the new (different) fuel im a using as its always been fine when using Shell.

Can anyone confirm wether the ECU has reduced some degrees in the ignition timing due to knock or for some other reason. As soon as the tank is approaching empty im going to stick to Shell V-Power.

The car has a Cobbs Access Port Stage 2 base map and TCM LV2 plus aftermarket exhaust.

Thanks

Ben

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
A datalog would confirm. I have custom tuned mine for Tesco 99 and apart from 1 tank of Shell V power that is all I've ever used. Datalogs on the V-power showed similar knock levels and I felt no difference in performance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A datalog would confirm. I have custom tuned mine for Tesco 99 and apart from 1 tank of Shell V power that is all I've ever used. Datalogs on the V-power showed similar knock levels and I felt no difference in performance.
Thanks for the response - i will download the data log from the Cobbs module and post - thanks again

18,289 Posts
To answer your question, yes, it's very possible. The ECU will pull timing if it sense knock, and a lower quality fuel can definitely lead to knock. Post up the results of your datalog and we can confirm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts