Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just flashed the v360 Stage 2 93 octane map into my CBA R35.

Thus far I have tried the MAP1 (15psi) and MAP2 (16psi) and have yet to see the boost gauge flash @ WOT.

The next step will be to datalog the car, especially before trying the MAP3 (17.5psi).

Even though Cobb is being very cautious with these maps and offering serious a warning,

While these maps make more power, they do so by utilizing the stock fuel system to its absolute limit, and in some cases the demand placed on the fuel system may exceed its capacity to deliver adequate fuel to run safely.

Data logging vehicle performance is an absolute requirement when using these maps to ensure that the mechanical systems of your GT-R are up to the task of supporting these Beta HP maps.
has anyone actually gone past 100% IDC or seen excessive knock while running the Stage 2 maps with the correct octane fuel?

The good GT-R e-tuners claim to make more power than the v360 maps make and some of them run considerably more boost in the mid range. Church just did
some great 1/4 mile testing and found his custom HP Logic tune to make quite a bit more power (3.5mph trap!) vs the most aggressive v360 Stage 2 map which
has to mean that Cobb is still being cautious. Read more here: http://nagtroc.org/f...555#entry798555

Cobb's group of tuners (Tim B, John et al) are highly experienced....so are they just being overly cautious with the warnings (read lawyers/law suits) or is a GT-R with
a downpipe-back exhaust really likely to max out the injectors on v360 Stage 2 16psi?

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
One thing you have to remember is they have to be conservative because of factors they can't control.......one being octane of fuel, and the other being outside air temperature.

Even with good fuel your car, under the right conditions, can go lean and knock in cold weather, Cold crisp air on a winters day or night can tax your fuel system much more than on a normal, say 60 degree day

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've got an 09 GTR with a mid pipe running 93 oct and on cool days get knock with the v3.6 93oct stage 2 Maps 1, 2, and 3. The highest maf value that I saw was 4.8v on my stg2 93 oct maps.

I now use the v3.6 91 oct stage 2 maps and get some slight knock on Map 2 and 3, but not enough for the boost gauge to flash. I'll probably stick with 91 oct maps and monitor the boost gauge. I usually run Map 1 for dd and Map 3 if I want to go faster.

The butt dyno feels a bit more power with the 3.6 maps compared to the 3.3 maps.

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
Here is the Data Log from my Stage 2 (Map 4) 3.6 cobb tune at the track.

It was 80 degree's out.

My custom runs leaner than this tune does and a peaks at 20psi. This map peaks at 18.5 psi.

With just a midpipe my car will be running 130mph in the winter with jacks tune.

I bet I will hit 127mph with the Cobb 3.6 maps.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got an 09 GTR with a mid pipe running 93 oct and on cool days get knock with the v3.6 93oct stage 2 Maps 1, 2, and 3. The highest maf value that I saw was 4.8v on my stg2 93 oct maps.

I now use the v3.6 91 oct stage 2 maps and get some slight knock on Map 2 and 3, but not enough for the boost gauge to flash. I'll probably stick with 91 oct maps and monitor the boost gauge. I usually run Map 1 for dd and Map 3 if I want to go faster.

The butt dyno feels a bit more power with the 3.6 maps compared to the 3.3 maps.
Great info. Thanks for posting

I need to find some spare time and a long road to do some logging.

Since the temps are in the 30s and 40s I could well get some knock with the v360 Stage 2 MAP 1 and 2.

The car loves this cold, dense air!

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
With just a midpipe my car will be running 130mph in the winter with jacks tune.

I bet I will hit 127mph with the Cobb 3.6 maps.
Forgot to post an update for when I drag raced with the 3.6 maps. I didn't even hit 125 with the most aggressive stage 2 map 4 (cobb 3.6 map). The trap was 124.8mph.

I uninstalled my Cobb AP and I trapped 122mph (I have a midpipe) so the Cobb gave me about 3mph over stock(ish).

That same night I trapped 128.5mph with my custom tune.

I now use cobb's 3.6 stage 2 map 3 as my daily driving tune and like it. I just wish it had a bit more low end TQ.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Learn to read your logs. Nobody can have a fast tune that works all year round without knock. The tuners tune to the edge of the knock at that specific conditions. As weather conditions or fuel changes, the threshold changes. Just got back from drag strip, with 88 deg intake temperature vs 72 degree temperature, the car leans it 5% more fuel. So by summer time, I will need the tuner to adjust it again. Looking at 40 deg change in intake temperature, my injectors duty cycle varies 14%!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.