Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Quick question, I had my Nittos swapped onto my OEM rims as I shredded my Potenza's at a track day yesterday (unexpected beautiful day and I have to wait to get in the next set of R2's), (I have NT05R rear and NT555R fronts). Whenever I have used them I have never had an error before and they are typically within 1/2" circumference of front and rears (I have not had a chance to measure the current setup). Should I be dramatically concerned with this (I am wondering if they just filled the fronts to high and hence the variation became too much for the computer). I do not plan on doing any drag strip runs, just want to make sure it is safe to drive home. Right now the PSI is 30lbs all around. I find it ironic that the error occured within 5 miles of swapping the tires.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Check your brake fluid level! If it drops below a certain level "R" mode becomes inactive. (Brake fluid level, as you would obviously be aware, falls as a natural consequence of pad/disc wear). Just a suggestion, as I experienced this "R" becoming inactive after a track day.

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
What are the published OD's front and rear? The 555 is a pretty soft tire and could result in a different rolling circumfrence. But first, if you can tell me the OD's of the tires I might be able to shed some more light on this.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are the published OD's front and rear? The 555 is a pretty soft tire and could result in a different rolling circumfrence. But first, if you can tell me the OD's of the tires I might be able to shed some more light on this.
Sharif, thanks. they are within a 1/4" of front and rear (rolling circumference). I called the dealer this morning morning and I am also getting a "low brake fluid" which is probably being caused by the cold weather we have had. The dealer said that the low brake fluid warning would also trigger the VDC malfunction. Do you think that is correct.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I see you started another thread in relation to your original problem! confusion reigns supreme! Good luck in resolving your issue.

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
VDC needs brake fluid to work. If its low, it defaults to primary use, which is stopping the car. VDC goes off.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Perhaps you didn't notice my earlier post ?????????
I did miss it, you were right on! I filled as mentioned and whola both lights are now out (brake fluid and VDC). Thanks again!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Your welcome! No offence intended, but be sure to remove the added fluid to restore to correct level when you come to replacing any of your pads/discs in the future to avoid any spills as a result of over fill when the caliper pistons are pushed back to accomodate the replaced parts. I found the use of a medical syringe(without the needle) a handy tool for this job!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually used a meat injector, anyway now that I think of it recently had the pads changed and bet that is what put me on the border ;-)

·
Registered
416 Posts
VDC light came on while driving in R setting. Soon after ABS light also came on. Brake fluid slightly topped up but lights still on. Car drives fine. Any suggestions?

·
Bulldogmike
678 Posts
please read MY blog under the Brake section. There is potentially the same issues as me... and is KNOWN issue with Nissan.... and just had to have ABS system replaced.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts