Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

Today I noticed a very weird dent on my car. I could not trace it to a door ding (no scratches) not hit by an object or stone (again not a single small scratch).

However it is dent smoothly not sharply to the size of a lemon. I will be wrapping my car in a month, how can I fix this dent? Do I have to take it to a body shop and they have to do a heat treatment?

My worry is that the heat treatment is going to mess the paint and require a repaint. A small issue that might end up costing too much!!! I was thinking of trying press it from the inside my self, however I do not thing that would be a good idea.

My only explanation is that when I took it to the touchless wash two days ago one of the guys pressed too hard with the drying towel. Second explanation is someone was checking it out and leaned hard on it.

Any ideas on best way to fix this or an estimate of how much it might cost?
Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Plant Cloud Automotive tire Sky Tree Hand Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

-BaZ

Attachments

·
Registered
977 Posts
paintless dent removal is prob gonna be your best bet.. they usually charge $75 per panel to remove all the dents within that panel.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Yep PDR has fixed many a door ding and dents on my cars and it takes them like 5 minutes to fix it!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I had a very similar dent in my 2013 that was caused by a tennis ball. The dent removal guy that came to my home sorted it out in like 30 seconds and charged me $50. He had a very nifty tool that had a suction cup centred between 2 rubber supports. It was totally un noticeable when he was done.

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
I had a very similar dent in my 2013 that was caused by a tennis ball. The dent removal guy that came to my home sorted it out in like 30 seconds and charged me $50. He had a very nifty tool that had a suction cup centred between 2 rubber supports. It was totally un noticeable when he was done.
I was going to guess a ball as well, maybe a baseball. I've used the paintless dent on other cars with great success.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Check their prior work I've also seen some make things worse ended up looking like a golf ball.

Around my way there are kids who just buy some tools and spot some dented cars in parking lots and practice on cars.

·
Vendor
1,382 Posts
A good PDR guy can remove that and you will never know.

Sean

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Check their prior work I've also seen some make things worse ended up looking like a golf ball.

Around my way there are kids who just buy some tools and spot some dented cars in parking lots and practice on cars.
WTH! LoL, that could be end up being either very good or very bad!

-BaZ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts