1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Nice, the 12's look quick on the street too.... but obviously it went both ways depending on who got the jump.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Brooks,

You are on fire with some badass vids lately man, thanks so much!

Anyway, The 10 with tune and mid-pipe only seems to be significantly quicker, actually.

·
Registered
805 Posts
EXCELLENT! Thank you for sharing this! The 2012 GT-R has a great launch control program which gets it out of the hole much better than the CBA. However the extra power and boost of the modded 2010 is more than enough for it to leave the stock 2012 behind. I'm really interested to see how a midpipe and tuned 2012 compares to a midpipe and tuned 2010 and whether or not the major differences between a CBA and a DBA are the software.

·
Sobchak Security
3,531 Posts
^ I think you mean "marginally" quicker.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you go frame by frame, when the 2012 was ahead from the start it was an even start..... when the 2010 was ahead from the start, it got a little jump....

It's really a drivers race from the start if both drivers know what they are doing, BUT, the 2012 will jump instantly to 4k RPM and go, whereas the 2010's RPM's slowly come up, some times don't come all the way up....

of course if this were stock vs stock, the stock older GT-R wouldn't have a chance....

Nice, the 12's look quick on the street too.... but obviously it went both ways depending on who got the jump.

·
Super Moderator
3,445 Posts
Seems to me that in all the vids, one or the other got a jump. The last one looks like the most even start though

·
Registered
181 Posts
Watch the 1:20 mark when they almost took off at the same time. Not even close, really.

From a roll, the 2012 would be toast.
I agree. If you listen to the first runs the 2010's rpms don't come up much before the start. On the last run the rpms sound higher on the 10. As Fikse said, with LC2 you never know what rpm your going to get when you kick the accelerator down.

I think the best run was the last race too.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I know that road had an encounter with a TTG a while back lol. Its nice to see someone breaking their car in the proper way
and not being such a vagina lol. Keep the videos coming!!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Maybe, but it will be too close. If it does lose, then run again from a dig.... I bet my life the Z06 will not catch up before the speedo shows 140. With proper gas, the GTR might stay ahead until 160-170.
Corvette is slow after 160. 5th gear is weak.

I am more interested to see how the GT-R stacks up to the Turbo PDK and Turbo S

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
With a 2800-3000rpm LC2 launch, my car will do 0-60 in 2.9-3.0 seconds with a tune.

So if a modded LC2 car can pull up a full 3000rpm launch at the right time, it should be close to 60mph at least.

The hard part is getting the rpms to do what you want when you want.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Corvette is slow after 160. 5th gear is weak.

I am more interested to see how the GT-R stacks up to the Turbo PDK and Turbo S
The Turbo S will beat the GTR. Turbo S and Ferrari Italia are dead even (up to a high speed).
The question is whether Turbo PDK, Z06 and GTR can accelerate at the same pace...
From a dig, it is well known that a GTR and a Turbo PDK are even up to 120-125 mph (11 second 1/4 mile ET). Since the GTR is more powerful, I don't see how the P car can pull away beyond that speed. My guess is that they will be too close! The Z06 is definitely not quicker than Turbo PDK, so all three should be pretty much even.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts