Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just another weekend project i tackled by wrapping the stock spoiler/wing..

I removed the wing and the center pedestal.. the end pedestals i left on. i also used the same carbon fiber and black film and cut circle stickers to cover the screw holes..i used the knifmeless tape for the seams and do i don't have to use a knife on the paint incase it didn't turn out the way i wanted..

i used

-3m 1080 carbon fiber cf12

-3m 1080 satin black vinly wrap s12

-knifless finish line vinyl wrap sitting tape

-kobalt heat gun- i set the temperature at 500 degrees

-vinyl felt hard cards. vinly golve

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,960 Posts
Koodoo's my man!!! Looks fantastic! Wow, nicely done.

If you were any closer to Alberta I'd ship you my wing and pay you to do mine lol...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Looks fantastic! Great job

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
That looks awesome. I want to try this myself. How long did it take to do it?

·
CAR NUT
246 Posts
Dude...that turned out amazing. Kuddos to you...that wing looked like a bitch to do...you got it no problem!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dude...that turned out amazing. Kuddos to you...that wing looked like a bitch to do...you got it no problem!
Sure was! Just can't be afraid to heat that film.. since the curves are so extreme you need to apply a lot of heat almost to the melting point of the film.. I was using 500 degrees on the heat gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Sure was! Just can't be afraid to heat that film.. since the curves are so extreme you need to apply a lot of heat almost to the melting point of the film.. I was using 500 degrees on the heat gun

Any risk or concern of overheating the paint too?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks very professional my friend, awesome work.
I'll be doing my 1st attempt at wrapping very soon, but using a clear wrap for my zele side skirts. Any advise or tips you can share with a brother?
Clear bra wrap unfortunately Is different.. I use premium shield and venture shield.. that stuff you cannot heat and stretch to the limit like this vinyl wrap.. you only can only heat to really tack it down ..

·
Registered
711 Posts
wow, looks great

·
Registered
114 Posts
WOW bro! that looks fantastic!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.