·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Crazy crazy fast

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Why is the top speed only 177mph? The extra drag?

Sent from my SM-G928P using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
187 Posts
So a track car beat street cars, and everyone is going crazy?
That's like building a 9 second Honda,yes it's going to beat every stock car, but you would expect it to as it was built to do that one task.
Why is that this one-trick pony deserves any kind of admiration?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
So a track car beat street cars, and everyone is going crazy?
That's like building a 9 second Honda,yes it's going to beat every stock car, but you would expect it to as it was built to do that one task.
Why is that this one-trick pony deserves any kind of admiration?
It is full weight and full interior, with an actual nice interior. It has stiffer suspension and additional aero. The major difference in your theory is it's coming from the factory that way, no need for aftermarket to compete with million dollar cars, and beat them, on the track. This is an amazing track car for 120k. No one said they were trying to compare the every day livability to that of a GT-R or other vehicle. It is purpose built for the track. So when we're talking about tracking the car, you can't come close to finding a better car from the factory.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
It is full weight and full interior, with an actual nice interior. It has stiffer suspension and additional aero. The major difference in your theory is it's coming from the factory that way, no need for aftermarket to compete with million dollar cars, and beat them, on the track. This is an amazing track car for 120k. No one said they were trying to compare the every day livability to that of a GT-R or other vehicle. It is purpose built for the track. So when we're talking about tracking the car, you can't come close to finding a better car from the factory.
Ditto

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Yea exactly...plus it's street legal. If it was not street legal and only made for the track then I understand diego's argument.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea exactly...plus it's street legal. If it was not street legal and only made for the track then I understand diego's argument.

+1

Yeah, I've never been a viper fan even though I recognize its speed/performance. This being a street legal car makes it a true super car killer. I don't think the nismo time attack/ring car would get close to this.

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
+1

Yeah, I've never been a viper fan even though I recognize its speed/performance. This being a street legal car makes it a true super car killer. I don't think the nismo time attack/ring car would get close to this.
The nismo time attack ring car did 7:08 I think and this ACR did 7:01. Although the ACR beat it by a decent margin, I wouldn't say the nismo n attack wouldn't get close to it. They are both pretty damn amazing and that's a long track..

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
The nismo time attack ring car did 7:08 I think and this ACR did 7:01. Although the ACR beat it by a decent margin, I wouldn't say the nismo n attack wouldn't get close to it. They are both pretty damn amazing and that's a long track..

What an amazing magazine comparo that would be. Around same price when you option the viper all the way.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Yes. Standard viper has 206mph top speed but the extra aero/downforce takes it down to 177
Thanks. Extremely impressive aero on this car. I always have appreciated car manufacturers that spend considerable time/effort in developing proper aero. This car is impressive.

Sent from my SM-G928P using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Look I'm a gtr fan (love the nismo, wish I had one) and wouldn't own a viper unless it was a track only toy.

But do you really think the time attack nismo would gain literally 7 seconds from the standard nismo at Laguna Seca? I'd hazard a guess at best 2.5-3 seconds faster at very best. But 7 seems far from achievable. Like another 100hp, better/lighter brakes, R888's and somehow more weight reduction and then I could see 7 seconds being perhaps believable. Laguna is a power track and obviously the viper is getting all of its power onto the tarmac.

This is such an incredibly fast time one has to question how the hell it happened as it's competitors are literal million dollar pseudo cars that should have their high paid engineers shaking their heads.

NathanW

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Look I'm a gtr fan (love the nismo, wish I had one) and wouldn't own a viper unless it was a track only toy.

But do you really think the time attack nismo would gain literally 7 seconds from the standard nismo at Laguna Seca? I'd hazard a guess at best 2.5-3 seconds faster at very best. But 7 seems far from achievable. Like another 100hp, better/lighter brakes, R888's and somehow more weight reduction and then I could see 7 seconds being perhaps believable. Laguna is a power track and obviously the viper is getting all of its power onto the tarmac.

This is such an incredibly fast time one has to question how the hell it happened as it's competitors are literal million dollar pseudo cars that should have their high paid engineers shaking their heads.

NathanW
We are talking about the nurburgring, not laguna. If it takes you over 7 min for laguna, you have a problem lol.

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Plus the n attack is the one that ran the 7:08, not the regular nismo. Unless I misinterpreted what u wrote.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts