Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Viper or gtr?

4K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  alexdavis 
I'm N.W. of Chicago; I can't go out without someone smiling and waving.

Alexd
I'm in Gurnee and get all kinds of reactions. I was just in Portillo's drive through with one of my work buddies and a teenager hops out from his dads parked car and records and takes photos and videos for 10 minutes while we waited. Then the Portillos worker asks if he can take a video of me revving. My buddy isn't a car guy and was like "is this normal?".:ROFLMAO:

One of my good friends lives in Schaumburg, but he usually comes to my house in Lake Villa (near Fox Lake, Illinois). That said, I often go to Boostin Performance in Hoffman Estates which is an adjacent town to Schaumburg....and while I'm at it, fantastic builders and tuners (GT-Rs and several other brands), and generally very nice people to deal with.

Alexd
P.S. I haven't drag-raced at Byron or Great Lakes since they started with new owners, and applying greater restrictions to modified cars. Drop me a line if you want to go sometime; I'm planning to go in the Spring.
Lmk if you guys go, I'd be down

Great! If you or anyone have experience or have talked to other high-performance car people about whether they are strict or not about NHRA rules, let's be aware of the latest talk/info.
Some have told me that if you ask the line man to NOT display your time and speed, they will give you a pass...in that it appears that they (the Drag-Strip) aren't violating anything.
I don't know if this is true, and having never done it myself...do I tape a sign on my windows or shout it out each time I come up to the line? (expected Low 9s and over 150 mph)

Alexd
I went to Great Lakes in September when I first got my GTR and there was a stock Plaid there running alone with no time/speed displayed, so I'm sure they would let you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.