Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I rarely post anything on forums anymore rather than browse and search for answers and information when I need it. I'm thankful for those that do post.

I need to contribute the following information. While this may not be a big deal to most, I'm rather pissed.

I recently placed three separate orders from Visconti Tuning on January 2nd. Today is the 8th and I am yet to receive tracking information and or stock/availability information on my orders. I have sent numerous emails to John without a response.
I ordered a set of ID1300 injectors, Stage 2 fuel basket upgrade with Dual 525 pumps and a fuel monitoring kit and sensor. I want my parts, or I want my money. I can't get a response via email from John's email. Tell me you don't have them in stock, tell me you're going to ship them in a week, tell me something.
I reached out via their IG and some hot shot just told me he didn't know who I was, and I needed to contact John through that same email where I'm not getting any responses. I tried nicely explaining myself and what I needed, he simply replied, "I'm not going to argue with you." and some more nonsense, then he said I was welcome to email [email protected].
I sent emails to that provided email and I'm still not getting a response; the hot shot is active on IG and refuses to answer any more of my messages. No parts, no money, no answers. Just a ton of %$#@&*%.

I'm aware the guys at Visconti provide us with excellent parts for our builds and I have nothing negative to speak of their products.
I have used their parts in the past and I plan to continue. I will not be buying direct though, buy your parts elsewhere.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Visconti is notorious for ignoring folks. But he does live up to what he promises. Just be easy and wait. Everyone is dealing with the shipping struggle. Between the holiday leftovers and parts on back order from manufacturers, this is bound to happen.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Ironically I ordered similar parts about a week or two ago and had the complete opposite experience. I actually ordered expecting the parts wouldn't come in for several weeks to do the standard supply issues & labor shortages everyone is dealing with. To my surprise, John called me right before shipping my parts (a few days after ordering) we chatted GT-R stuff, great information, and very nice guy. A few days later all my parts were here. (1300x2 injectors, Stage 2 485 pumps, hardwire kit, Flex-fuel kit, pigtails, speed density kit.

I think you just need to be a little more patient and realize the world does not revolve around you and there is a lot going on, who knows it could be a personal issue.

Please realize the tuning industry isn't very profitable even though the parts are expensive and these vendors have the right to personal life and time off as well. There are a lot more things to worry/stress about in life than fuel system parts to upgrade your sports car :)

I built a car several years ago that was in the shop 4 years, you would have had a heart attack, it took longer than 6 days just to get a qoute. It was a $80k build and I still had to wait. Welcome to the high performance world, this ain't Nordstrom or Amazon :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6 days? It’s a shame how Amazon has conditioned everyone to think they can get whatever they want in one day.

2 posts? Was your other post a negative review as well?

It’s Saturday night, take a chill pill and start fresh on Monday.
My other post was a good review for Doug WGP May he Rest In Peace.

You failed to read the first sentence in my post.

It’s 2022, if you have an online store and take peoples money via the internet, they expect you to have some sort of response in regards to their purchase and or concerns. More so if you have a reputable name in this industry.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Organism Font Circle Number Document

Ironically I ordered similar parts about a week or two ago and had the complete opposite experience. I actually ordered expecting the parts wouldn't come in for several weeks to do the standard supply issues & labor shortages everyone is dealing with. To my surprise, John called me right before shipping my parts (a few days after ordering) we chatted GT-R stuff, great information, and very nice guy. A few days later all my parts were here. (1300x2 injectors, Stage 2 485 pumps, hardwire kit, Flex-fuel kit, pigtails, speed density kit.

I think you just need to be a little more patient and realize the world does not revolve around you and there is a lot going on, who knows it could be a personal issue.

Please realize the tuning industry isn't very profitable even though the parts are expensive and these vendors have the right to personal life and time off as well. There are a lot more things to worry/stress about in life than fuel system parts to upgrade your sports car :)

I built a car several years ago that was in the shop 4 years, you would have had a heart attack, it took longer than 6 days just to get a qoute. It was a $80k build and I still had to wait. Welcome to the high performance world, this ain't Nordstrom or Amazon :D
Fortunate for you, I didn’t have the same outcome.

My rant isn’t about waiting for parts, I could wait for the parts no problem. Though I need to plan myself and knowing if the parts will ship soon or not is important to me at the moment.

I’ve sent several emails in regards to my orders and have received no response.
That’s understandable in some circumstances. The fact I get pushed around by a sales guy on IG about something so simple. I could have been told to wait until Monday, and my emails would be addressed.

I run a business and receive 50 calls daily, 100 emails daily, I keep up with all my customers. If I don’t respond an email or a call for 6 consecutive days I’m confident my customer won’t be happy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Visconti is notorious for ignoring folks. But he does live up to what he promises. Just be easy and wait. Everyone is dealing with the shipping struggle. Between the holiday leftovers and parts on back order from manufacturers, this is bound to happen.
I understand, you’re right.
Though, they can address their emails. 24, 48, 72 hours later the least?
Simple email, takes 15 seconds to send an email.

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
Haven't done business with JV directly. My only interaction with him was regarding a MAF2 FP input harness inquiry. He responded pretty quickly with the answer. That said, the lack of communication is frustrating when you get no response for a simple inquiry and even more so for an order already placed. I get that they may get the same questions a hundred times a day from different customers but communication, transparency, and good customer service goes a long way toward pacifying any potential escalations. Not sure what's going on on their end, but just a simple response is all it takes. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: gtrbillet

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haven't done business with JV directly. My only interaction with him was regarding a MAF2 FP input harness inquiry. He responded pretty quickly with the answer. That said, the lack of communication is frustrating when you get no response for a simple inquiry and even more so for an order already placed. I get that they may get the same questions a hundred times a day from different customers but communication, transparency, and good customer service goes a long way toward pacifying any potential escalations. Not sure what's going on on their end, but just a simple response is all it takes. 🤷‍♂️
Thank you.
Exactly my point, worse when the sales guy on IG (Marshall) tells me he doesn't want to argue with me when I just inquired about my orders. Tells me to email the same address I have been emailing where I'm not getting responses. Then later tells me to email another email address where I have not gotten a response from either.

·
Registered
2022 Mexico Blue M4 Comp xDrive
340 Posts
Thank you.
Exactly my point, worse when the sales guy on IG (Marshall) tells me he doesn't want to argue with me when I just inquired about my orders. Tells me to email the same address I have been emailing where I'm not getting responses. Then later tells me to email another email address where I have not gotten a response from either.
Call you credit card co. and cancel. Same with Visconti. Seems they did not meet your expectations; don't give them your business.

Personally, your issue with Visconti will not keep me from doing business with them. Specially now that they seem to be working with Femtoevo and have the best formula for power for my '22 M4. But thanks to your comment, I'll know that communication may be lacking if I decide to engage their services.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I got my tune from Visconti last year and communication was excellent even through to 2022. I always spoke with Marshall except a couple of minor emails with John. My understanding is that John hired Marshall specifically to remove himself from the customer service aspect so I do have to applaud a person who knows their strengths and weaknesses.
with that being said, just a few years ago I worked customer service at one of the largest AR manufacturers in the country. Four of us would get over 100 calls and over 100 emails PER day (400’s total of each). It’s a shame what Amazon has created in some aspects of immediate gratification; but that isn’t going to change any time soon and I agree that one must adapt and over come or move over. When I email a business I expect a reply within 48 business hours.
I purchased Vorsteiner wheels 6 months ago and literally just got them today but the entire time everyone involved was able to at least reply and say they will find out an answer to my question and get back to me.
Personally I will still run Visconti’s tune(s) but I understand and mostly agree with the frustrations.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I stated before I will too continue to use their products, my post is in regards to their poor customer service.

I have spoken to John in the past via email in regards to a tune I found in my old GTR in his name. He did reply promptly back then but wasn’t very Nice. I had a lot of questions, it was my first GTR.
I reached out to Doug from WGP and that was a breeze. Doug spent hours talking to me and helping me figure some things out before we ever did any business.

I placed three orders. I needed to know if they would or were shipped, I just needed a reply to my email. I got nothing.
My emails are tracked with our corporate Mailtrack account. All my emails have been read, not answered.

Call you credit card co. and cancel. Same with Visconti. Seems they did not meet your expectations; don't give them your business.

Personally, your issue with Visconti will not keep me from doing business with them. Specially now that they seem to be working with Femtoevo and have the best formula for power for my '22 M4. But thanks to your comment, I'll know that communication may be lacking if I decide to engage their services.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got my tune from Visconti last year and communication was excellent even through to 2022. I always spoke with Marshall except a couple of minor emails with John. My understanding is that John hired Marshall specifically to remove himself from the customer service aspect so I do have to applaud a person who knows their strengths and weaknesses.
with that being said, just a few years ago I worked customer service at one of the largest AR manufacturers in the country. Four of us would get over 100 calls and over 100 emails PER day (400’s total of each). It’s a shame what Amazon has created in some aspects of immediate gratification; but that isn’t going to change any time soon and I agree that one must adapt and over come or move over. When I email a business I expect a reply within 48 business hours.
I purchased Vorsteiner wheels 6 months ago and literally just got them today but the entire time everyone involved was able to at least reply and say they will find out an answer to my question and get back to me.
Personally I will still run Visconti’s tune(s) but I understand and mostly agree with the frustrations.
I don’t need instant gratification, I placed my order on the 2nd, send the 1st email on the 6th, that’s four days later, today is the 9th, no response. Nothing.

The Marshall guy, is always active on IG, on Friday the 7th I decided I didn’t want the parts from them anymore since they are not willing to keep up with their communication. I sent him a message and he just pushed me around to send more emails…

Product Azure Font Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
752 Posts
Cool he hired Marshall to do customer service. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Marshall knows the meaning of customer service?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Icount23,

Sorry to hear about your frustration. I live in the same county as John. I purchased a set of injectors from him back in 2019. A few months later I decided to go a different route and asked him if I could return them. I never used the injectors. He said no problem and would issue me a credit with him. cool. I dropped them off at his office. and since then I have tried to use the credit, he never responds to my numerous emails. Ive tried to buy parts and apply the credit. Nada. I tried asking him for his help passing emissions in our state and if he could make me a base tune. Nada.
Its only $500 but its the principal of giving good customer service. I mean I did return the product new to him. And he did offer to give me a credit. Yet when time comes to use the credit, he has completely ghosted me :(

R

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Icount23,

Sorry to hear about your frustration. I live in the same county as John. I purchased a set of injectors from him back in 2019. A few months later I decided to go a different route and asked him if I could return them. I never used the injectors. He said no problem and would issue me a credit with him. cool. I dropped them off at his office. and since then I have tried to use the credit, he never responds to my numerous emails. Ive tried to buy parts and apply the credit. Nada. I tried asking him for his help passing emissions in our state and if he could make me a base tune. Nada.
Its only $500 but its the principal of giving good customer service. I mean I did return the product new to him. And he did offer to give me a credit. Yet when time comes to use the credit, he has completely ghosted me :(

R
Your situation is worse than mine.

I would go to his office and either grab the injectors or use the credit. You have the advantage of being local.

I ordered parts from T1R, Eliteracefab.com, and RallySportDirect days after I placed my orders from Visconti and they already arrived.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Proof that he is opening my emails but refuses to reply to them. They have read every single email inquiry I have submitted, not a single reply. Today is the 10th, let’s see how far this goes.

Product Font Screenshot Rectangle Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I think you have every right to be upset due to a lack of communication after paying several thousands of dollars for parts. At this point just request a refund and buy the gear from another vendor. JV is not the only game in town.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think you have every right to be upset due to a lack of communication after paying several thousands of dollars for parts. At this point just request a refund and buy the gear from another vendor. JV is not the only game in town.
I requested a refund, they read the email, they won’t answer the email. I even know how long they keep my emails open. I’m sending messages to the tool on IG, while he is active he refuses to answer.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts