Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Following the directions for the stage 2 basket install and ran into a snag. It doesn't describe a piece that came in the kit. It is a second black hose with a pinch style clamp on one end and a slide lock on the other. It's fairly short and comes with a barb. Any idea where this goes?
Wood Font Pliers Hand tool Tool

·
Registered
2013 Nissan GT-R Premium
324 Posts
I pulled this Visconti basket out of my car when I upgraded to the Radium kit with brushless pumps! I only remember modifying one line with the new clamp fitting (Circled) no other lines were modified.
Circuit component Electrical wiring Automotive tire Electronic engineering Cable

Electrical wiring Wire Engineering Fashion accessory Machine

John-

·
Registered
2013 Nissan GT-R Premium
324 Posts
Hi mate, what’s the cure for faulty siphon system for R35 2009 CBA.
Help will be appreciated.
Stock Basket? Or?

If still on the OEM basket you most likely have a leak somewhere in the return line from the top hat to the basket siphon orifice
This thread has a good picture of the siphon: Factory pump basket question...

Only way to diagnose is to take it all apart and inspect for any damage.

Good Luck,
John-

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi John, my R35 2009 has the OME basket. Where can I purchase the return fuel line and " O " rings from the hat to the OME basket...are clips supplied with the pipe, how are they secured to the fittings.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks parabat.

·
Registered
2013 Nissan GT-R Premium
324 Posts
The return line? I don't think I've ever seen a replacement for the hat to basket return line. The return is a (relatively) low pressure line an possibly could be replaced with just some in-tank fuel safe hose with stainless clamps.

A quick look at my basket also shows no O-Ring involved. The green circles are the return line - looks to just be pressed onto the plastic nipples, no clamps.
Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Engineering Electrical supply Wire

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good day mate, thanks for your reply, I'm at the end of my patience with this gtr, what is the problem? Nissan want to replace fuel tank, pumps and all fuel pipes. No modification to car and fuel system at all. Where and how to check with fuel system in the car. ( remove pumps and hat etc) then how to check for cracks in pipes, joints etc.. geeez I'm going nuts here.
Thanks
Parabat.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The return line? I don't think I've ever seen a replacement for the hat to basket return line. The return is a (relatively) low pressure line an possibly could be replaced with just some in-tank fuel safe hose with stainless clamps.

A quick look at my basket also shows no O-Ring involved. The green circles are the return line - looks to just be pressed onto the plastic nipples, no clamps.
View attachment 405374
Good day mate, thanks for your reply, I'm at the end of my patience with this gtr, what is the problem? Nissan want to replace fuel tank, pumps and all fuel pipes. No modification to car and fuel system at all. Where and how to check with fuel system in the car. ( remove pumps and hat etc) then how to check for cracks in pipes, joints etc.. geeez I'm going nuts here.
Thanks
Parabat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts