Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Chris Carbee and I took Chuck Norris (Alpha?) to Orlando Speedworld tonight. We showed up, showed out and got kicked out. One pass is all it took.

I won't bore you all with the details on the car, they are in the other thread about us breaking 8's. Special thanks to [email protected] for building a stout motor, Tim Sanders for all his support along the way and of course Chris Carbee for giving me that "Carbee Goliath" tune.

Waffle House tag there just for Steve Zimmerman cause he told me I should have done that the last time I made a thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahaha true, AT did have the turbos made.

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Congrats! Love the simplicity of the facts in the title. Getting errr doneee!

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So they are not AAM900?

Congrats Man is a hell of a feat for sure!
They are, they are just ball bearing which is not normally an option for these I think. That's probably why people complain about the spool on these and I don't lol.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congratulations, Alex and Chris!

That AMS Carbon Intake has to be doing wonders as well.

·
Registered
501 Posts
They are, they are just ball bearing which is not normally an option for these I think. That's probably why people complain about the spool on these and I don't lol.
All AAM GT900-R turbos are ball-bearing with cast wheels. Did you mean you had billet wheels? In any case, 8.66 is simply AWESOME. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Congrats!
BTW why kicked out after one run? No roll cage or no NHRA license ?

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
crazy numbers. Lol @ the title too, "stock manifold record", like that's a benchmark... lol

·
Registered
501 Posts
Fastest time on a stock manifold turbo is a benchmark. Just ask the shop's that have had it and will continue gunning for it
. Makes for great marketing for sure.

·
Make soap.
304 Posts
lol that's awesome. I love that!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All AAM GT900-R turbos are ball-bearing with cast wheels. Did you mean you had billet wheels? In any case, 8.66 is simply AWESOME. Congrats!
I was under the impression they were normally not ball bearing. Well then in that case, they are JUST aam900's lol.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts