Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have not heard about the new location for WannaGOFAST in 2015 I wanted to be the first to inform the GT-R Community!

It is so awesome to me to see WannaGOFAST becoming so successful. TopSpeed Motorsports is a proud partner of the event and always has been. From the very first event we have supported Blake and his (now) wife Layla both by sponsoring and performing tech inspection at every event he has ever done. The first event I believe it was 30ish cars at a little place in FL... me and one of my friends drove all through the night in my GT2...slept in the car.. and helped Blake with the event. Ever since then the two companies have been joined at the hip!

I am so proud of my good friend Blake for all he has accomplished and TSM will continue to stand buy him and his wife by supported each and every event they do no matter how far they go!

We are VERY excited about this upcoming event! Conditions should be prime for records to be broken and everyone to have TONS of fun!

DETAILS:

Well the time has come for our big announcement!

Welcome the Florida 1/2 Mile Shootout on January 24-25th, 2015!!

This event will be hosted at the Prestigious Jumbolair Airport located in Ocala, FL (only 90 minutes north of Orlando!) Be prepared to race on the longest privately owned runway in the country at a length of 7,550ft........that's 1.42 miles long!!

The event will feature horsepower producing cool weather and is sure to set the stage for more multiple world record attempts!

This community not only features the most beautiful runway we've ever seen.......it's also surrounded by beautiful horse pastures and several multi-million dollar estates.........there are still a few lots left to purchase so why not buy one and make this your home compound for all of our future races to come??!!

This event will surely prove to be one of the most incredible 1/2 Mile Racing Events in history! Our Title Sponsor TopSpeed Motorsports already has their bags packed

Registration and Sponsor details will be announced in the coming weeks and our website will also be updated with this new location and pricing information.

We look forward to having each and everyone of you out on the runway in January!!

-Blake

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
travolta better have his bar stocked

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
amazin venue! you guys got some cool contacts

·
Vendor
1,540 Posts
dibs on a room

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Me and my buddy found a house that is 4,300 a night lol. Looks incredible... I am thinking we should rent it. Sleeps like 20.
i wanna ride the horsesssssssss

too much monies for what it is IMO

we are thinking of renting a baller RV for the weekend

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yeah sleeping in the Gt2 wasn't very comfortable haha. That was a really fun weekend.

Cicio and I worked from 6am as usual and left very late. I remember we had fellinis pizza sitting on the dash and it rained almost the entire time. Threw on a fresh set of R888's and rolled out. We arrived at round 4 am and parked in a hotel parking lot. We tried to keep her quite but it was so humid we had to fire it up and that car was loud...anybody who was sleeping in the hotel was definitely awake by that point. I was sleeping in a low max in the driver seat 0_o

Had to be at the airstrip around 6am to help Blake with everything. Worked/ raced all day in the Florida sun and then headed right back to Atlanta.

I remember we also got out of a would have been huge ticket haha

Good times Cicio

Wish I could have made wannagofast in Clayton. Maybe I can make this event

Sent from my SM-G900V using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
211 Posts
Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design Steering wheel

Sent from my SM-G900V using GT-R Life mobile app

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.