Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately because of the housing market and what it has done to the value of my home (and wanting to sell and buy into a better area), I need to free up some funds, since I will be lucky to walk away from settlement without having to pay anything back. So I have an '09 Red GT-R that sits in my garage most days of the week. Love the car, and I have been the only owner. But that represents $65K, $70K, or $75K I could free up for the next house. And to rationalize, after I move and things settle down, maybe I could buy another GT-R? Anyway, I would like to ask the community's help in assisting me with establishing a fair asking price. I will put photos in the ad, of course. I live in the DC area in suburban Maryland. I bought the car in February 2009. It has a little over 25K miles on it. It has only been tracked once. Overall, I would consider it to be in Excellent condition. I am one of those people who parks their car waaaaaaaaaaaaay far away from everyone else. I have had all required maintenance and POS performed. Stock wheels and Bridgestone Blizzak tires with fair amount of tread left. This past August I had a Stage II modification performed by AAM Competition. It consisted of:

3" High Flow Catted Downpipes
R-Line 3" Polished Intakes
1000cc Saturated Injectors
Top Speed Resonated 4" Midpipe
Ultimate Racing 4" Exhaust with Titanium Tips from Top Speed
Cobb AP Dyno Tuning Session

Results of the dyno tune produced 532 WHP and 560 max torque. The Cobb AP was recently upgraded from version 05 to 06, which conveys. I brought my GT-R to Atlantic Motorsports to have them check the tune/mods to provide me an independent assessment of the work AAM did. Thumbs up. Other things I've done/bought for it:

Half-hood/full front/half-fenders/mirrors Clear Bra
Valentine 1 Radar Detector (This might convey, depending upon the price I get for the car), direct wired into rear view mirror, and BlendMount.
Front and Rear Cameras
Black custom honey comb rubber floor mats
Clear plastic custom floor mats
GT-R OEM floor mats
Custom fit sun shield
Trunk custom mat

I have ALL my maintenance receipts. So with all this in mind, I would appreciate the community's input on what I should ask for the car. Thanks!

·
Vendor
642 Posts
$65,000 is what i would price it at, and your likely to get a buyer. If you over-price a car just like anything it sits on the market and before you know it, you end up taking less then you would have if you priced it right. You can go a little higher, but as the 2014 release starts to announce a lot of owners look at this as a 5yr old car. The good thing is if you paid retail in 2009 for the car, your really not loosing much at all.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, each post following the first one listed a lower price, in turn. Are you sure you guys aren't in the market to buy one and you're trying to lowball my sale?

·
Troller
3,473 Posts
Its really up to you on how you want to price it. If you want it to move quickly you'll sell it for 63k. If you want to hold out for a little while you'll sell it for 65-68k.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its really up to you on how you want to price it. If you want it to move quickly you'll sell it for 63k. If you want to hold out for a little while you'll sell it for 65-68k.
Yeah, I know what you mean, and thank you for your input. I'm not desperate and not in a hurry to sell it. If it sells right away, outstanding, but if not, I'm willing to wait for someone to pay what the car is really worth. Lots of money went into it, and it has been meticulously taken care of. If I were buying a GT-R, this is the one I'd get. Obviously I'm biased because I'm selling, but I've ALWAYS taken outstanding care of my vehicles.

·
Registered
63 Posts
No pics...

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Boost Junky
4,007 Posts
Car appears to be very clean, but Nero is right. If it were my car personally.. I'd post it at $66,900 and take $65-66k.

You do not want to overprice and have it sit out there, similar to a house sale. When it first hits the market is when you're going to get a lot of interest.

If you are interested in parting out the Valentine one setup, I would possibly be interested. Shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Car appears to be very clean, but Nero is right. If it were my car personally.. I'd post it at $66,900 and take $65-66k.

You do not want to overprice and have it sit out there, similar to a house sale. When it first hits the market is when you're going to get a lot of interest.

If you are interested in parting out the Valentine one setup, I would possibly be interested. Shoot me a PM.
I hear what you're saying, and I can relate personally to the selling a house analogy. That's the main reason I'm having to sell my baby. My house has gone down approximately $250K in value, and believe it or not, I didn't buy at the height of the housing boom. The area I live in has degraded significantly in a lot of ways, and I'm trying to get my family into a better area. Put a lot into my house these past seven years and now there is zero to negative equity. So the GT-R represents $65K to $75K in funds that could go towards that next house. Anyway, I'm putting the car up for sale on other web sites, so hopefully I'll find someone that just has to have such a clean, well cared for GT-R with a lot of extras thrown in. Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have a good friend of mine from Morgantown, WV who is in the market for a GT-R right in the 60-65k price range area. If possible please PM me with details!

-Adam

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a good friend of mine from Morgantown, WV who is in the market for a GT-R right in the 60-65k price range area. If possible please PM me with details!

-Adam
My ad is still pending, but I have it listed for $71,500. Who knows, I may only be able to get $65K for it, but if your friend is looking for something below that, he should take a pass on mine. Yes, i would like to sell it, but I'm in no hurry. Eventually the right buyer will come along. Thanks for the lead, though.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
If I were you I'd part the aftermarket parts out and lower your price and you will get your sale. I would never buy a modded car unless I had first hand knowledge of the car and it's condition.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Car should sell fast in the low 60s and you may sell in the high 60s if you find the right buyer looking for exactly what you have. One thing is for sure though, by "waiting and waiting" you will eventually get less and less considering the time of the year, new model etc. etc.

·
Boost Junky
4,007 Posts
I hear what you're saying, and I can relate personally to the selling a house analogy. That's the main reason I'm having to sell my baby. My house has gone down approximately $250K in value, and believe it or not, I didn't buy at the height of the housing boom. The area I live in has degraded significantly in a lot of ways, and I'm trying to get my family into a better area. Put a lot into my house these past seven years and now there is zero to negative equity. So the GT-R represents $65K to $75K in funds that could go towards that next house. Anyway, I'm putting the car up for sale on other web sites, so hopefully I'll find someone that just has to have such a clean, well cared for GT-R with a lot of extras thrown in. Thanks for your feedback.
Sorry to hear about the unfortunate loss of equity in your home. I know how hard that is hearing it from clients.

Luckily my area value has stabilized and even risen a bit.

Good luck with your sale, family comes first.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
The main question is how badly do you need to sell it?....Do you need the money right away or does it not matter?....Some people will hold out for months over a couple of grand....What area of the country are you in?.....Are you coming up on winter when things might be a tougher sell?....I see you are in no rush....

Honestly for a quick sale you are probably looking at a $62-64K range....you could hold out for a buyer in the $64-66K range but it may take a little longer....by listing it at $71.5K you will scare off a lot of buyers who see 2009 and a 7 at the beginning of the number, no matter what your mods are....best of luck

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
The main question is how badly do you need to sell it?....Do you need the money right away or does it not matter?....Some people will hold out for months over a couple of grand....What area of the country are you in?.....Are you coming up on winter when things might be a tougher sell?....I see you are in no rush....

Honestly for a quick sale you are probably looking at a $62-64K range....you could hold out for a buyer in the $64-66K range but it may take a little longer....by listing it at $71.5K you will scare off a lot of buyers who see 2009 and a 7 at the beginning of the number, no matter what your mods are....best of luck
Thats why I recommend high 60's, so you can hopefully settle for mid 60's.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thats why I recommend high 60's, so you can hopefully settle for mid 60's.
I dropped the price to $69,500 and is negotiable. How badly do I want to sell? I do want to sell, make no mistake about that, but not at the point of being desperate and selling for less than the vehicle is worth. I am in the Maryland suburbs of the DC area, and the areas we are looking to move to just don't have a lot of inventory right now. So there is no rush to sell the car.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Dropped it to $69500? I think you are kidding yourself. How much interest have you had at this price? The mods really mean nothing. Like most people you probably think its worth more than it is because its yours etc. There are buyers out there and the phone will ring at the right price. You have just got to accept its value, sell and move on. Waiting doesn't make it worth any more. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts