Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Warrant Officer
699 Posts
Like Trent Reznor said, they recommend the first oil change much further along than I would. A new engine that is still being broken in, has a lot of metal shavings in the oil as opposed to, say, an engine with 30,000 miles on it (that's been properly taken care of). So I changed mine at 1,000, then again at 5,000, then 10,000 and so on. I don't track the car, I daily drive it, so a lot of it depends on what the car is being used for.

Also, I recommend getting a quality metallic drain plug. I used this company, as I read a lot of good reviews on their product. I picked up 5 crush washers from them as well to hold me over for the next 5 changes. http://goldplug.com/shop/ap03/

In the same vein as what I stated regarding engine oil changes, some people swap the transmission fluid after just one long, hot day at the track. It doesn't take much to get a stock car up to dangerous transmission temperatures, and if the needle goes into the red, the fluid needs to be changed immediately. However, for a guy like me who daily drives, I plan on using the manufacturer's recommended schedule of every 36,000 miles for DBA cars (18,000 for CBA cars).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.