Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I prefer not to fuck w the Police..Ive been stopped at a few DWI checkpoints&simply answer the question and go on my merry way,I don't need to have my balls busted by NYPD
Maybe the driver of the car was a lawyer,knew he didnt HAVE to answer&wanted to see where it would go? Who knows.

·
Premium Member
9,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
at least they werent dicks

but then they saw he was recording.

people just looking for trouble and drama

·
Registered
783 Posts
Although I partly understand why/what he's doing. Driving is not a constitutional right, but a privilege. And as such, going through a drunk driver checkpoint is sometimes a necessary "waste of time". I'm sure if he or someone he loves gets hit/killed by a drunk driver, he'd change he tune.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
WOW that's disgraceful! That would not have been tolerated here that's for sure.......I will stop there cause my bloods boiling!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I wonder how badass he would have been if those same officers were having to make a choice to pull him out of a burning car after a drunk driver hit his ass. People who think like this guy need to think a little harder. Do you really think these officers are out there to waste peoples time?? Or maybe its some stupid concept of protecting you and your family from getting killed?

·
THAT GUY
4,774 Posts
Although I partly understand why/what he's doing. Driving is not a constitutional right, but a privilege. And as such, going through a drunk driver checkpoint is sometimes a necessary "waste of time". I'm sure if he or someone he loves gets hit/killed by a drunk driver, he'd change he tune.
Baileyrx,i understand where you coming from on this.but the last 3 times ive been pulled over they wanted to search the car and ask me a bunch of questions.So i can also understand this guy's position,and as a cliff note they went through my car and found nothing then told me to have a nice day!

·
Registered
525 Posts
A clear example of Fourth Amendment rights being chipped away. Sadly everyday we loose a little bit of our freedom in the interest of the "public good". Makes you wonder what's next... Oh wait it's universal healthcare.

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
I'm with Tim! I got pulled over in my sls and taken out of the car before I was even asked to give id or registration. They said I looked suspicious coming out of a convinenece store and getting into that car because I had an apron on and beat up sneakers and plaid shorts on! They thought I stole the car and I was too young to drive that car. I also sat on the side of the road with handcuffs on as a shit load of people drove by looking at me. Not cool!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
seems like he just wants to be a prick...
Guy with the camera probably has more of a power trip ego than the Cops.

Its one thing to exercise your rights, but beyond what? A cop reasonably doing their job? Im glad theres DUI check points. MY 3 best friends in High School were killed by a drunk driver. Believe it or not, the drive made it through a DUI checkpoint only 10 minutes before. Was only a visual inspection where you were required to roll down your window and wave to the police. Sometimes in California they just look at you and wave your right through.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Apparently those who are against what this guy did are also against our 4th and 5th amendment rights here in the USA. I don't care what the courts say, the cops have no right to stop you for no reason nor interrogate you for no reason, and a "checkpoint" is not a reason. The courts today are messed up and ignore the Constitution as well and re-interpret it the way they see fit.

Unless we've broken the law in some manner then they should not be allowed to interrogate us in a manner like this (to check to see if we are lawbreakers). I am surprised the guy rolled down his window...

It blows my mind that people think it is ok for the cops to just stop people to check to see if they are breaking the law. This is the same as randomly checking people on the street to see if they have drugs or stolen goods in their pockets - no difference. When driving a car you do not give up any civil rights so supposed "privilege" or not you still have the exact same rights. The government cannot legally violate those, and that is what DUI checkpoints do.

To some I suppose it seems like the right thing to do because it will help prevent drunk drivers from killing. That's nice but it doesn't make us any safer and the less freedom we have a result terrifies me way more than any amount for drinking and driving ever will... There's a reason why those amendments exist, people with power abuse it. Remember our history and understand why we have these rights. To let them be stripped away bit by bit like this is irresponsible as a citizen...

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Apparently those who are against what this guy did are also against our 4th and 5th amendment rights here in the USA. I don't care what the courts say, the cops have no right to stop you for no reason nor interrogate you for no reason, and a "checkpoint" is not a reason. The courts today are messed up and ignore the Constitution as well and re-interpret it the way they see fit.

Unless we've broken the law in some manner then they should not be allowed to interrogate us in a manner like this (to check to see if we are lawbreakers). I am surprised the guy rolled down his window...

It blows my mind that people think it is ok for the cops to just stop people to check to see if they are breaking the law. This is the same as randomly checking people on the street to see if they have drugs or stolen goods in their pockets - no difference. When driving a car you do not give up any civil rights so supposed "privilege" or not you still have the exact same rights. The government cannot legally violate those, and that is what DUI checkpoints do.

To some I suppose it seems like the right thing to do because it will help prevent drunk drivers from killing. That's nice but it doesn't make us any safer and the less freedom we have a result terrifies me way more than any amount for drinking and driving ever will... There's a reason why those amendments exist, people with power abuse it. Remember our history and understand why we have these rights. To let them be stripped away bit by bit like this is irresponsible as a citizen...
Its obvious you care more about YOURSELF and your own rights than the possible safety of others. I actually thought these were nice cops. Sometimes you have to give up a little bit, to get something in return. Being pulled over and singled out is different. Everyone on the road is subject to the DUI checkpoint. It is not profiling and everyone is equally subject to it. If your simple answer is "NO I have not been drinking," Whats the deal? I suppose if he had answered the question we might have seen if there was further questioning involved.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Oh FYI I got stopped at a New Mexico Border Patrol checkpoint last summer that was 50 miles inside the US border. I was in my GT-R. The agent was letting a few pass then would randomly stop some people. He chose to stop me for some reason. I rolled down my window about 1/2 centimeter and the agent asked me to roll it down upon which I asked him if he was ordering me to roll it down. He asked me to open the door so I asked if he was ordering me to do such. Had he ordered me I would have complied. He didn't, got annoyed and then yelled at me asking if I was a US citizen upon which I said yes and he told me to "get on out of here." I'm pretty sure that is not the only reason why they stop people at that checkpoint. Oh and yeah I recorded the incident as well though he was unaware of it...

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Oh FYI I got stopped at a New Mexico Border Patrol checkpoint last summer that was 50 miles inside the US border. I was in my GT-R. The agent was letting a few pass then would randomly stop some people. He chose to stop me for some reason. I rolled down my window about 1/2 centimeter and the agent asked me to roll it down upon which I asked him if he was ordering me to roll it down. He asked me to open the door so I asked if he was ordering me to do such. Had he ordered me I would have complied. He didn't, got annoyed and then yelled at me asking if I was a US citizen upon which I said yes and he told me to "get on out of here." I'm pretty sure that is not the only reason why they stop people at that checkpoint. Oh and yeah I recorded the incident as well though he was unaware of it...
Now that is fucked up. Random selection and things like that. Also the cops are simply trying to smell alcohol on your breath or look at your eyes and mannerism. The amount of DUI's some of these check points catch are alarming. My small town last weekend was over 80 people at one checkpoint. ALL over .08

I suppose for those of us who dont drink will never have a problem at a DUI checkpoint other than the traffic LOL

1 - 20 of 69 Posts