Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone welded in race cats to a catless GTR? I cant deal with the smell/soot much longer. Right now I have catless downpipes and midpipes with stock exhaust. Was thinking of putting one cat in the straight pipe before the mufflers. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Why not purchase the Cobb catted mid pipe and sell you current mid pipe on the forum.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
+1. AAM, Cobb, Mines, and Amuse all make midpipes with high flow cats. That should take care of most of the smell. I wouldn't just weld in a race cat as you really don't know how it's going to affect performance, where as these exhausts have been tested.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I too have been giving this idea some thought as I currently have a non-resonated AAM midpipe and want to go with catless DPs. The downside to selling current midpipe and buying a new catted one is that there is time and cost associated with either route. 200 cell cats are about $100/ea and install shouldn't be very difficult depending on the midpipe design.

·
Founder/Admin
26,577 Posts
im gonna have to agree with the others... its gonna be better in the long run to just buy a catted pipe and sell yours... you might take a little hit on the money side but i would rather do that than try to rig up a homemade catted pipe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.