Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I switched over to AP J hook rotors back in the fall in preparation for tracking next year (still using up my stock pads). Now that we're getting some cold wet sloppy weather I've noticed poor braking performance when the rotors are cold and wet. This occurs in normal low speed stuff (parking lot), but also on the highway (rolling along for 30-60 minutes without touching the brakes). Dragging the brakes lightly for 10-15 seconds clears up the problem, however that's a pain in the butt. It's particularly problematic on the highway as braking is reduced to the point of causing some "big eyes" if I forget to do it. Never had this problem with the factory rotors.

Wondering if this is a problem with the J hooks not evaculating water from under the pads like the stock cross-drilled rotors (possibly getting some freezing), or this is a bad interaction between the rotors and the factory pads. Looking to hear if anyone else who cold/wet weather drives their car with a similar setup has run into this problem, alternate pad suggestions if a pad swap would help address it, or whether I should start looking at different rotors...

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
AP's are designed for more aggressive pads. The more abrasive pads will heat and dissipate the water quicker.

Use a more abrasive pad during the winter/wet weather.

Or, use stock pad on stock rotor during off season.

Shawn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.