Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Tried searching the forum but couldn't really find want I wanted.
Been looking at some turbo kits to upgrading from my GT28 based setup. Minimum 1000whp / E85 on mustang dyno (1100 on dynojet) is the goal.

I will retain my 3.8 fully built engine,
AMS piston & rods, cams, valve train, headwork, AMS intake with ported lower part, ported TB's. AMS fuelrail, battleship fuelsystem, asnu 1650cc, AMS Race IC.

Now to the hard part, I want to keep spool as good as possible, prefer spool over power and I don't want to spend a fortune either.
Suggestions? will be looking at both new and used kits out there.
Alpha 12? HKS GT1000? SIR stage 4?

Dyno sheets would be great.

· Registered
10,371 Posts
I'd personally go for the A12 or A12x but the A10x will be blazing quick on the street with reduced spool.

But with BOTL, rolling antilag, rolling boost, etc there's really no such thing as lag these days.

· Registered
219 Posts
I'm thinking of the A10x as well; I think that will be plenty for the street for now with out going to crazy on the budget. I just sent my tranny for Shep. Keep me posted with what you go with

· GTRLIFE BOTM August 2015
1,039 Posts
What are you going to do with the car? Daily mostly freeway? Daily mostly city? Weekend freeway destroyer?

As an FYI, e85 on a 30 or 35, you are gonna need more headroom than 1650....or a third rail.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guess I need to talk to Eric @ ams regarding A10x then.

My current setup is making 750whp/920 crank on E85 ( A10 only made [email protected] wE85 on the same dyno but it had only rods&pistons) and I use it as a DD during summer time mostly freeway, as well as events 1/2mile etc.
Will adress fuel when I get there, have some old 2000cc somewhere also planning on new fuel lines.

· Premium Member
2,439 Posts

· Registered
865 Posts
HKS GT1000 is a full cast manifold kit with billet 30R turbos that will reach/surpass your power goals. I've seen them as cheap as $8200 shipped (new).
$8050 shipped (BNIB) @ THmotorsports.com

· Premium Member
2,439 Posts
If you need anything else don't hesitate to email, pm or call in.

Thanks!

Michael

· Registered
465 Posts
I mean can't really go wrong with Bills kit the GTX3076R, or A12/10 kits from Eric and AMS....

I'm VERY happy with my new GTX3076R's that Michael got me, if moneys no object go with whoever you feel you have a good working relationship with. But honestly all three are cream of the crop.

And HKS isn't a joke either and has plenty of helpful people.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.