Nissan GT-R Forum banner

What 1000whp turbo kit to choose?

12K views 58 replies 28 participants last post by  M O N S T E R 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

Tried searching the forum but couldn't really find want I wanted.
Been looking at some turbo kits to upgrading from my GT28 based setup. Minimum 1000whp / E85 on mustang dyno (1100 on dynojet) is the goal.

I will retain my 3.8 fully built engine,
AMS piston & rods, cams, valve train, headwork, AMS intake with ported lower part, ported TB's. AMS fuelrail, battleship fuelsystem, asnu 1650cc, AMS Race IC.

Now to the hard part, I want to keep spool as good as possible, prefer spool over power and I don't want to spend a fortune either.
Suggestions? will be looking at both new and used kits out there.
Alpha 12? HKS GT1000? SIR stage 4?

Dyno sheets would be great.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'd personally go for the A12 or A12x but the A10x will be blazing quick on the street with reduced spool.

But with BOTL, rolling antilag, rolling boost, etc there's really no such thing as lag these days.

#7 ·
I'm thinking of the A10x as well; I think that will be plenty for the street for now with out going to crazy on the budget. I just sent my tranny for Shep. Keep me posted with what you go with

#10 ·
Guess I need to talk to Eric @ ams regarding A10x then.

My current setup is making 750whp/920 crank on E85 ( A10 only made 1050@crank wE85 on the same dyno but it had only rods&pistons) and I use it as a DD during summer time mostly freeway, as well as events 1/2mile etc.
Will adress fuel when I get there, have some old 2000cc somewhere also planning on new fuel lines.

#11 ·
#15 ·
If you need anything else don't hesitate to email, pm or call in.

Thanks!

Michael

#20 ·
I mean can't really go wrong with Bills kit the GTX3076R, or A12/10 kits from Eric and AMS....

I'm VERY happy with my new GTX3076R's that Michael got me, if moneys no object go with whoever you feel you have a good working relationship with. But honestly all three are cream of the crop.

And HKS isn't a joke either and has plenty of helpful people.

#21 ·
Thx for your input guys.

I for sure want to go with a aftermarket manifold setup.
Its hard to justify a 16-13K kit when you basically can get the same performance for 8-9ish. won't mind a used setup if it was in good condition.

"Everybody" seems to go with a GTX3076R setup with their on twist except HKS?

And sorry for all the PM i haven't had time to answer yet =) I appreciate you taking time to PM me.

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
The reason for that is because once you go past stock manifold its how much lag can you live with to enjoy your car.... I think the 3076R is the perfect balance because you still are introduced to some lag, but its still very competent daily driver. Once you go 35,37, Top mounts it becomes more and more a track/ show car.

I would have loved to have gotten top mounts:
1. to be different and have a different look.
2.) The Power

But Michael is stand up as are most here, and explained to me I'd not be ready for how the car would run trying to daily it, and it would be terrible daily driver, instead of just making a sale. I'm happy with the ETS GTX3076R with Ball bearing and Vent to atmosphere because I can tell its JUST enough that it totally doesn't ruin street driving, but its to the point where if you wanna use the car everyday [I do :) drove it to work and in rain on 18'' Nittos] you can tell your at the power level where its starting to become too much for daily driving especially if you are in a major metropolitan area like I am. I'm sure if you lived in Utah and drove through little to no congestion who cares. But when your in the Top3 worst congested areas this car still can handle those needs.. While kicking the living shit out of 99.9999999999999999% of cars :p.

#37 ·
HKS 1000

Love it. OEM quality kit. makes well north of 1000

Omar PadrinoGTR

#38 ·
#40 ·
I doubt the intake has much to do with it making 1000

Omar PadrinoGTR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.