Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a set of Froged Anodized wheels? Not sure who is making them. Also would like to know if can powder coat a Forged set of wheels like TE37 or Advan GT to a different color?

·
GTRLIFE BOTM August 2015
1,042 Posts
Yup, you can do anything you want. My Advan GT's are rose gold. There are folks with Candy red, green....you name it...anything can be done.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Iirc when I spoke to ccw a couple years back, anodized wheels are very sensitive to chemicals and it can ruin the finish. IIRC. So I ordered my set polished

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you guys post some pictures

·
GTRLIFE BOTM August 2015
1,042 Posts
I guess I should be a little more clear. Between Anodizing, Powder-coating and paint, you can do almost anything. They can be clear coated with paint, or clear coated with powder beads. Either way, you can get the color and luster you want.

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
Work Wheels offers anodized finishes:

·
Registered
46 Posts
annodizing is definitely not what you want to do on a wheel, it's very sensitive to acids - i.e. any car wash material or cat piss - it's not durable, and does not hold color well - for example if you park your car with one side facing the sun that side will fade significantly where as the other will not.

however if you REALLY want annodized wheels - I know John @ CCW will do it (he will coach you against the idea though as he knows how bad it is for wheels)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinking of getting a used set of Advan GT and have them Annodized. But if can't clear it and it will not hold the color. I will probably just go with Powder coat in RED.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was thinking of getting a used set of Advan GT and have them Annodized. But if can't clear it and it will not hold the color. I will probably just go with Powder coat in RED.
You can clear over the annodizing I think, but I don't think that provides color stability - I wouldn't swear to it though - Annodizing actually provides for an amazing service for paint - Are you attempting to get that shiny annodized look or do you want annodized for a reason? - That shiny look can be achieved with a multi coat/stage powder coat - HRE for example uses a "Bronze Chrome" powder coat to achieve a bronze annodized look that is color stable and much more resistant to environmentals.

·
Knowledge is recession proof!
4,212 Posts
You can have your factory wheels polished, face diamond cut, then have the whole thing powder coated with transparent red or blue. Same effect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts