Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Im looking at wrapping my wifes gtr in a high quality 3m high performance chrome wrap in a purple pink.
Trust me it will look sick once its done.
Anyway what is an average price for the GTR?

Do people wrap rims or plasti dip them gold?
Or should we just have them powder coated.
What is normal price for rims. Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Lol it's her GTR.
And you can't talk shit about her she had way more track expierience and pro drivers training then most dudes on this forum

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check out woo automotive pinkish wrapped GTR. I have to say its pretty cool

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Price?

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
The wrap guy rescheduled to give me an estimate tomorrow but I really need to know more or less what this should run

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Not sure about the pink on the rims, it kinda clashes with the gold/bronze calipers. I'd stick with just the body panels, skip the grille area. Swap the front markers for clear ones too.

For a woman it'd be cool. Definitely not a colour a dude should ever do to his car.

·
Registered
508 Posts
You could always paint the calipers. Nothing really goes with pink chrome. Silver might be a good choice though. It would match the headlights, DRLs, side badges and door handles. Clear corners would be a must imo.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I didnt know 3m made colored chrome vinyl..Are you sure its 3m? And chrome seems to be way way more then a regular wrap. I wanted black chrome really bad but got way to high quotes..

·
Registered
452 Posts
I didnt know 3m made colored chrome vinyl..Are you sure its 3m? And chrome seems to be way way more then a regular wrap. I wanted black chrome really bad but got way to high quotes..
3M currently does not make a colored chrome. However, they make individual components that a shop with the right tools can make a colored chrome ie: colored transparent over laminated on chrome. This way would make an already difficult material to install even harder because of the tremendous thickness not to mention the labor intensive process of making the lamination perfect and without flaws.

Be careful of any shop claiming they have 3M colored chrome.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.