Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
I was looking at a 2016 GTR on autotrader and was curious when the carfax came back as the car being a corporate vehicle. What does that usually mean?
From Auto Trader's explanation

Corporate Fleet Vehicle

If you see "corporate fleet vehicle" on a report, you're forgiven for being worried. You probably think the car you're considering has been used as a rental car, a taxi, or in another situation where maintenance may not be the first priority. But don't worry: The designation of corporate fleet vehicle isn't necessarily a bad thing.

In most corporate fleet vehicle CARFAX designations, the vehicle was simply leased rather than purchased. The reason it displays as "corporate" is that a leasing company -- and not an individual -- technically owns the car. So most corporate fleet vehicles didn't see hard use as commercial vehicles but rather were normal leases that anyone could get from a dealership.

That said, some corporate fleet vehicles actually were used for business purposes. Sometimes CARFAX will note such cars were registered as "commercial vehicles," but that isn't always the case. Therefore, it's best to get a full mechanical inspection before making a purchase.

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
Could also be a Hertz car or any rental company - I wouldn’t buy it without knowing specifically.

·
Registered
205 Posts
thats a complete possibility. I might just pass on this one.
Not likely. I wholesale cars for a living. Hertz and all the other rental companies are listed as rental cars on Carfax. I look at 40-50 Carfax reports everyday. The car is more likely to have been bought by someone who owns a business for insurance or tax purposes. If you really want to know you could have a dealer get a title history on the car and that will give you more info.

·
Nismo Owners Car Club
2,275 Posts
I bought a "corporate" vehicle from Cadillac and it was driven by the GM of another dealership for 9400 miles.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
actually just got more up close pics of the car and who ever inquires about it please don't buy it...iunno how the heck you get rust spots on the door handles and paint chips like mad.

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
I have three corporate vehicles through my company and probably ten in the last 6 years and not one is listed as a corporate fleet vehicle on carfax. Designation may possibly be made at time of lease and insurance classification ?

I know for a fact a previous car I looked at was deemed corporate and it was registered to DTG Operations - Dollar Thrifty Group.

·
Nismo Owners Car Club
2,275 Posts
sounds good will do. but also part of me doesn't really care since my miles won't be going up a ton when I move to Hawaii next year hahah
yeah but can't you find something cheaper with less miles?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I bought a "corporate" vehicle from Cadillac and it was driven by the GM of another dealership for 9400 miles.
I just bought a '19 Track Edition with 400 miles on it. Was a "corporate" vehicle from TN. I didn't have any problems with knowing that. The dealership I bought it from actually bought 1 TE and 4 Premiums from wherever and they were all "corporate" from TN. All 1 owners. Plus, I figured I saved a good $20k since it's "used". Got my '19 for $117k so. I thought I did pretty good.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah but can't you find something cheaper with less miles?
Yeah i am passing on it. I got more and more pics of it and dear god i don't know how the heck you can get rust on the door handle area. It looks like someone literally took a grinder and chipped away at the paint around the handles. Also some cheap ass wrap was around the grill.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts