Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just drained my catch can and it seems maybe there is ethanol or coolant in there, I'm not really sure how to tell. The coolant resivor looks to be normal and all operations on the car seems to be fine.
Tableware Fluid Liquid Drink Ingredient

·
Registered
208 Posts
hm. hard to guess. does it smell? like what?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
In my experience that is normal looking, at least for my EVO IX. My EVO motor is under vacuum 100% of the time so when I drain the can it smells like oil and gas. It initially drains a low viscosity fluid followed by a sludge substance similar to what you have in the bottom of your cup. If your engine oil isn't milky then I wouldn't worry about it because it is likely just condensation or gas vapor mixed with the oil.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In my experience that is normal looking, at least for my EVO IX. My EVO motor is under vacuum 100% of the time so when I drain the can it smells like oil and gas. It initially drains a low viscosity fluid followed by a sludge substance similar to what you have in the bottom of your cup. If your engine oil isn't milky then I wouldn't worry about it because it is likely just condensation or gas vapor mixed with the oil.
I'm going to change the oil once it comes in but I don't think it is, no milky substance on the oil cap or dip stick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts