Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both R's up last R down brake gas all the way to 4k Rpms ? My car is a 2010 I have hered from some people the 2010 does not have launch control ?

·
Founder/Admin
26,231 Posts
2010 stock has the neutered LC just RRR and it will hold about 2700 RPM

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Yes 2010's have what we consider the Launch Control disabled due to it being neutered! RPM's will go to the mid 2000's and it will BOG HARD when you launch! So in essence, it does NOT work. You can thank all the fan boys who launched the crap outta the 2009's when it was 4500 rpms and they would do a hard launch.

Get a Cobb AP or EcuTech and load LC5 on it and you can launch like the new models.

·
stemal
251 Posts
All R's up and hold gas peddle to 3k
No, hold both pedals to the floor (brakes and gas) then your rpm should hold at ±2700rpm, then let go of the brake pedal and BAM!!!
If it does not work, you'll have to get yourself a COBB or ECUTEC programmer with TCM , then install LC4 or LC5 (you probably have LC2).
I would recommend LC5 because with the right version you'll have adjustable Lunch Control.
Go to http://www.cobbtuning.com/ or here at http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/forum/170-gt-r-technical-support/ read a little you'll find everything you need
Have fun!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you I tried it brake all 3 R's up and gas it went up to 3k then I let go and that's when the fun began lol

·
stemal
251 Posts
Good!
So you probably have LC4 or LC5 or something, did the car come with a COBB?

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
No, he probably has LC2. Apparently some can get to 3,000. I don't know why, but mine did NOT, and it would get to 2,500 or so, and when I would launch, it would BOG and it would just be a crappy launch. I gave up as I was better off just hitting the gas. Now I have LC5 and I can launch properly.

·
stemal
251 Posts
No, he probably has LC2. Apparently some can get to 3,000. I don't know why, but mine did NOT, and it would get to 2,500 or so, and when I would launch, it would BOG and it would just be a crappy launch. I gave up as I was better off just hitting the gas. Now I have LC5 and I can launch properly.
??? if you can read, he just said it lunch with no BOG ???

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
??? if you can read, he just said it lunch with no BOG ???
Re read what people post and proof read! I said "Apparently some can get to 3,000." If you search the majority of CBA cars with LC2 cannot launch properly and it is due to Nissan "castrating" the Launch Control on the car due to the 2009 breaking transmission problems that were a big problem up to that point... Mine would try to launch and it would fall on it's face and bog hard around 2,500 RPMs every time. When I loaded LC5 VDC OFF I can launch just fine now as long as I have VDC OFF on the car. Again, some lucky CBA cars can use LC with VDC ON (R R R). But that is the exception and not the rule.

·
Dream Crusher
2,812 Posts
Best way to launch it is to get yourself an ACME rocket and sling shot and make sure Wile E. Coyote is there to help you out if you have any further questions. Hahahaha jk

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Best way to launch it is to get yourself an ACME rocket and sling shot and make sure Wile E. Coyote is there to help you out if you have any further questions. Hahahaha jk
I just visited acme.com, and I could not locate this sling shot you speak of... Please link.

·
stemal
251 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts