Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm visiting my wife's parents right now in England (Wimbledon). I've been in and around London for 5 days now and have only spotted one GTR so far. Is this because they are more expensive than back home in the US?

Out of curiosity how much does one cost in England?

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
yes much more !

new enhanced my2011 model £73,000 / $117,000

technically you should see a few, i do ;) there are around 1,300 of them on a tiny island than U.K is, so more per sq ft than u.s

I wouldn't really want to own a GT-R in London tho. too much traffic, congestion charges, parking nightmare

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the roads here are ridiculous!!! You would never be able to enjoy one in London at all! Every roundabout I'd be worried about wrecking my beloved GTR

·
R33 Member
958 Posts
Ouch...

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW I am a true GTR lover and enthusiast but I would never pay the money (see all posts above) for one. But damn you guys love the GTR!

·
4,747 Posts
I believe Singaporeans have the most expensive cars. $130 000 for a camry!!

You have yo be a baller to own one.

·
Registered
862 Posts
here in Australia a new GTR is about $180k, or about $180kUS...

Still half price vs the prorsche, A 997 turbo is about $450KUS here.

We get ripped here, badly. You should see the local garbage we buy for sub-$80k

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jesus!!! I had no clue. Is this due to high taxes imposed on car importation that is not national? (in Argentina any car being sold that is not manufactured within Argentina's borders has high taxes imposed on its price tag)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Cost Euro 90,000 / US$124K in Germany for the 2012 models.

But Singapore takes the first prize, unless someone can name a better contestant.

That is why most GT-R owners in Singapore do not think twice when spending US$25k on a Wald or Tommy Keira bodykit.

·
Registered
55 Posts
yeah the roads here are ridiculous!!! You would never be able to enjoy one in London at all! Every roundabout I'd be worried about wrecking my beloved GTR
But moved out of London, & take the country roads, then you are in Automotive heaven. The country sides in U.K can be quite charming.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Jesus!!! I had no clue. Is this due to high taxes imposed on car importation that is not national? (in Argentina any car being sold that is not manufactured within Argentina's borders has high taxes imposed on its price tag)
It's a combination of taxes, and 'market conditioning'.. no single reason.

·
Registered
490 Posts
In Sweden it's around 135000 $ (US MY 2012) (Euro My 2011)

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
But moved out of London, & take the country roads, then you are in Automotive heaven. The country sides in U.K can be quite charming.
Yes I visited the countryside of England last week. Beautiful areas and great views but the roads are still narrow! (compared to the USA) Nothing compares to the twisties and wide roads of California and Arizona as well as the 8 lane wide freeways for some late night freeway racing. (my opinion of course)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes I visited the countryside of England last week. Beautiful areas and great views but the roads are still narrow! (compared to the USA) Nothing compares to the twisties and wide roads of California and Arizona as well as the 8 lane wide freeways for some late night freeway racing. (my opinion of course)
They are not meant to be driven fast or hard. Its meant for a relaxing drive, to take your mind off & enjoy the scenery of countryside. You do not need to always go fast to enjoy driving. I used to like to take off the main motorways & travel via the slow, bumpy but more scenic B-roads. But to each his own.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.