Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Searching for this stuff is difficult and I often forget the answers...

What plugs/washers/gaskets need to be or are recommended to be replaced for the following fluid changes?

Engine oil
-crush washer should be each time

Front Differential

Rear Differential

Transmission fluid

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
You can get by using these over at least once - all of them.

However, it is so cheap to replace them that it is worthwhile to replace every washer when then plug is off. Replace the transmission plug (but not the tube) every time when drained.

So, front diff - fill and drain plug washers every other time at least, and every time if you think ahead and have them on hand.

Transmission - drain plug replace every time (although you can reuse it at least once), fill plug every other time.

Transmission pan gasket should be replaced every time the pan is pulled, although people have gotten away with reusing it once.

Rear diff - fill and drain plug washers every other time.

Shawn

Getting part numbers is a waste of time. You have to call the dealer in parts and tell them what you need anyway, if you know the number, it's only a minor shortcut, but it makes the phone call last longer because you have to give them all the numbers. If you just call in an order for:

Front diff - fill and drain plug crush washers - (total two crush washers)
Transmission - drain plug (entire with attached crush washer - nonremovable), and fill plug crush washer - (total 1 small plug, and one crush washer)
Rear diff - fill and drain plug crush washer - (two crush washers)

five crush washers and one small plug with attached crush washer - total cost less than $25.
phone call over.

All the washers together cost less than one quart of transmission fluid

P.S. - of note, the front diff fill and drain plugs and the transmission fill plug use the same crush washer. I believe one of the rear crush washer is also the same (but have forgotten now, because with my WillAll rear diff cooler, I never remove those washers again - I pull off one hose from the pump and use that to drain the diff and the plug at the top to fill it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.