Don't you have to modify the Radium Fuel line kit to fit the 3rd rail? I would think most fuel systems, Visconti, AMS, Fore you would have to mod something to accept a 3rd rail.This was a huge project for my car, lots of unexpected discoveries along the way (yeah – lumps about the head and shoulders type discoveries!). The results were worth it though, drivability on my 1000cc IDC primaries is awesome.
- New or modify existing intake manifold to accommodate 3rd Rail.
- 12-Injector Controller Kit (Visconti/BoostLogic/Linney)
- Lower AN O-Ring Fuel Rails
- LOTS of AN or PTFE fittings and ethanol compatible line.
- Remove the Air Injection pump (12 injector box uses the ECU output)
- Tuning solution to switch on the 3rd Rail injectors
Some unexpected fallout after the 12-injector upgrade:
I'd highly recommend a Fuel Pressure sensor kit so you can see what fuel pressure is actually doing, I had a couple of challenges that were apparent by logging fuel pressure. I'd also recommend buying the proper fuel injector harness and NOT use a PNP adapter to connect the injectors, one less potential failure point. Visconti sells an Injector harness with your choice of injector plugs/clips.
- Fuel pump upgrade to at least brushed 3-pumps or a brushless setup.
- High-Flow Fuel Regulator
- High-Flow Fuel Filter
- Upgrade to AN Fuel lines – OEM return line to small
For my project:
- I had Visconti upgrade my OEM manifold with 3rd rail and a CB porting job.
- I purchased the 12-Injector Driver box from Visconti (note that the driver box is the same no matter who you buy it from)
- I elected to go Radium for all of the other Fuel system components Fuel Basket, Lower Rails.
- Note that the Radium r35 fuel line kit won’t work with the 3rd Rail setup.
- I also discovered If you go Brushless pump(s) the Radium regulator is a restriction – I went with one of the new Aeromotive Extreme Flow EFI Regulators.
Hopefully this gets you jump-started without all of the rework I had to do on my adventure!
You will have to modify any fuel line setup to accommodate the 3rd rail. The GT-R Radium fuel line kit is designed for a 6 injector setup - I'd just build the fuel line system from scratch unless you already have a Radium kit.Don't you have to modify the Radium Fuel line kit to fit the 3rd rail? I would think most fuel systems, Visconti, AMS, Fore you would have to mod something to accept a 3rd rail.
Did you go with Dual brushless on the Radium setup?