1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
don’t get your point. you don’t have a 12 cylinder engine

·
Registered
632 Posts
You need a 12 injector driver from Visconti or Boost Logic, so that your ECU can handle the additional 6 injectors.

You also need to have your manifold modified to accommodate a third fuel rail.

You'll need another 6 injectors.

Fittings, gaskets, etc. And you'll need the car retuned.

I'm doing a 12 injector conversion with a Boost Logic manifold next month.

·
Registered
2013 Nissan GT-R Premium
256 Posts
This was a huge project for my car, lots of unexpected discoveries along the way (yeah – lumps about the head and shoulders type discoveries!). The results were worth it though, drivability on my 1000cc IDC primaries is awesome.

• New or modify existing intake manifold to accommodate 3rd Rail.
  • 12-Injector Controller Kit (Visconti/BoostLogic/Linney)
  • Lower AN O-Ring Fuel Rails
  • LOTS of AN or PTFE fittings and ethanol compatible line.
  • Remove the Air Injection pump (12 injector box uses the ECU output)
  • Tuning solution to switch on the 3rd Rail injectors

Some unexpected fallout after the 12-injector upgrade:
  • Fuel pump upgrade to at least brushed 3-pumps or a brushless setup.
  • High-Flow Fuel Regulator
  • High-Flow Fuel Filter
  • Upgrade to AN Fuel lines – OEM return line to small
I'd highly recommend a Fuel Pressure sensor kit so you can see what fuel pressure is actually doing, I had a couple of challenges that were apparent by logging fuel pressure. I'd also recommend buying the proper fuel injector harness and NOT use a PNP adapter to connect the injectors, one less potential failure point. Visconti sells an Injector harness with your choice of injector plugs/clips.

For my project:
  • I had Visconti upgrade my OEM manifold with 3rd rail and a CB porting job.
  • I purchased the 12-Injector Driver box from Visconti (note that the driver box is the same no matter who you buy it from)
  • I elected to go Radium for all of the other Fuel system components Fuel Basket, Lower Rails.
  • Note that the Radium r35 fuel line kit won’t work with the 3rd Rail setup.
  • I also discovered If you go Brushless pump(s) the Radium regulator is a restriction – I went with one of the new Aeromotive Extreme Flow EFI Regulators.

Hopefully this gets you jump-started without all of the rework I had to do on my adventure!

Reactions: droptopp

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
6,011 Posts
Thread moved.

·
Registered
632 Posts
This was a huge project for my car, lots of unexpected discoveries along the way (yeah – lumps about the head and shoulders type discoveries!). The results were worth it though, drivability on my 1000cc IDC primaries is awesome.

• New or modify existing intake manifold to accommodate 3rd Rail.
  • 12-Injector Controller Kit (Visconti/BoostLogic/Linney)
  • Lower AN O-Ring Fuel Rails
  • LOTS of AN or PTFE fittings and ethanol compatible line.
  • Remove the Air Injection pump (12 injector box uses the ECU output)
  • Tuning solution to switch on the 3rd Rail injectors

Some unexpected fallout after the 12-injector upgrade:
  • Fuel pump upgrade to at least brushed 3-pumps or a brushless setup.
  • High-Flow Fuel Regulator
  • High-Flow Fuel Filter
  • Upgrade to AN Fuel lines – OEM return line to small
I'd highly recommend a Fuel Pressure sensor kit so you can see what fuel pressure is actually doing, I had a couple of challenges that were apparent by logging fuel pressure. I'd also recommend buying the proper fuel injector harness and NOT use a PNP adapter to connect the injectors, one less potential failure point. Visconti sells an Injector harness with your choice of injector plugs/clips.

For my project:
  • I had Visconti upgrade my OEM manifold with 3rd rail and a CB porting job.
  • I purchased the 12-Injector Driver box from Visconti (note that the driver box is the same no matter who you buy it from)
  • I elected to go Radium for all of the other Fuel system components Fuel Basket, Lower Rails.
  • Note that the Radium r35 fuel line kit won’t work with the 3rd Rail setup.
  • I also discovered If you go Brushless pump(s) the Radium regulator is a restriction – I went with one of the new Aeromotive Extreme Flow EFI Regulators.

Hopefully this gets you jump-started without all of the rework I had to do on my adventure!
Don't you have to modify the Radium Fuel line kit to fit the 3rd rail? I would think most fuel systems, Visconti, AMS, Fore you would have to mod something to accept a 3rd rail.

Did you go with Dual brushless on the Radium setup?

·
Registered
2013 Nissan GT-R Premium
256 Posts
Don't you have to modify the Radium Fuel line kit to fit the 3rd rail? I would think most fuel systems, Visconti, AMS, Fore you would have to mod something to accept a 3rd rail.

Did you go with Dual brushless on the Radium setup?
You will have to modify any fuel line setup to accommodate the 3rd rail. The GT-R Radium fuel line kit is designed for a 6 injector setup - I'd just build the fuel line system from scratch unless you already have a Radium kit.

Asnu 330 brushed primary and dual Ti1000 brushless Aux pumps.

John-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts