Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title say i need to find the right 3M tape for installing my Carbon interior pieces. The pieces are just thin pieces that lays on top so i need a good thin double-sided tape. Had a quick check on fleabay and it was many of them. Can anyone please recommend me a tape including product number and thickness.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one knows ? IS the thin clear VHB tape the way to go. Also need tape for CF roof skin that is coming soon. Can use same ?

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
I have no idea, but using tape to install anything on a car like this is so wrong...

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no idea, but using tape to install anything on a car like this is so wrong...
Please, if u dont know dont answer with comments like that since they are not very helpful. If u dont like tape u should take off your fender vents and center pillar on rear wing and drill some nice holes in them and install them with some lovely screws. Nissan prefer tape though, as that is what they use.

·
Founder/Admin
26,252 Posts
Please, if u dont know dont answer with comments like that since they are not very helpful. If u dont like tape u should take off your fender vents and center pillar on rear wing and drill some nice holes in them and install them with some lovely screws. Nissan prefer tape though, as that is what they use.
i used the one with the red tape backing for my mirror bottoms.... for interior pieces i would go with the more narrow version rather than the thicker

·
Registered
883 Posts
Just to follow up on the OP, what tape did you end up using? 3M clear VHB? Thanks!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didnt end up using anything yet. I used what i had at first and it wasnt good enough. Car is going into winter storage now so i will work on it in the winter time. I will probably order the 0.25 mm 3M VHB tape though. I used some 3M 1.1 mm for the roof, What they usually use by garages here in Norway.. It came with red tape backing so probably what MC used as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts