Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what kind of modification/money is need to make a 2011 to run the 0-60 and 1/4 like and 2012. Please don't comment on buying a 2012. I'm looking into a 2012, but it seems like with the extra 10-15K you save you can add a pretty good upgrade. Mainly I wondering if a few bolt will bring the power up enough.

·
Registered
140 Posts
A 2011 with a y-pipe and a tune will be faster than a stock 2012.

Y-Pipe = $600-1300
Cobb AP = $1495
Tune = $600-1000

Thats all you need to make the 2011 FASTER than a 2012 in stock form.

~Cicio
Cicio,

How much of a horsepower increase is typical with the mods you outlined? What do you recommend as the next mod after the y-pipe and tune from a bang for the buck standpoint?

·
Banned
1,351 Posts
The warranty issue really relies on the dealers discretion....I am very lucky to have 3 GREAT dealers in our area that we work with....they are mod friendly and even send us cars for tuning!...I have yet to hear a bad story from these dealers about warranty denial or flagging....so my advice is speak with your dealer....and Happy modding!!

....and to answer the question... we can get a 2011 to 2012 specs with an AP/tune alone!

-Jack

·
The Nihonjin
308 Posts
But at what point does it become Nissan NA's decision to grant warranty and not the dealer?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.