Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
There have got to be some great stories revolving around the GT-R, involving 'drags', LEO's (LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER), 'Fast and Furious' addicts, etc.

Here's one I read about and of course it's a classic, but kind of what the thread might involve.

New owner of GT-R pulled over on a Friday evening (must of course be So. Cal) by CHP clocked at 150 on the 405. (Yeah, I know, 150 on 405 on Friday evening a joke in itself). Crusty LEO says to GT-R owner, "I tell you what. Tell me a story I haven't heard as to why you were speeding and I will only issue a warning." New GT-R owner says, "Last week a CHP officer ran off with my wife. You were lighted up like a Christmas tree following me and I was worried you were the officer who took my wife, AND WAS TRYING TO RETURN HER." He only got a warning.

C'mon, there have to be some better stories lurking out there!

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
There have got to be some great stories revolving around the GT-R, involving 'drags', LEO's (LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER), 'Fast and Furious' addicts, etc.

Here's one I read about and of course it's a classic, but kind of what the thread might involve.

New owner of GT-R pulled over on a Friday evening (must of course be So. Cal) by CHP clocked at 150 on the 405. (Yeah, I know, 150 on 405 on Friday evening a joke in itself). Crusty LEO says to GT-R owner, "I tell you what. Tell me a story I haven't heard as to why you were speeding and I will only issue a warning." New GT-R owner says, "Last week a CHP officer ran off with my wife. You were lighted up like a Christmas tree following me and I was worried you were the officer who took my wife, AND WAS TRYING TO RETURN HER." He only got a warning.

C'mon, there have to be some better stories lurking out there!
LOL that's great

·
R33 Member
958 Posts
Great excuse

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
The best GT-R stories are the true ones and there have been several great ones told on this forum.

I have two stories of my own. One I can tell and another one I can't. Here's the one I can tell (I've mentioned it before--and it's not that great but at least it is true):

I was at a Friday night Sonic meet a couple of months ago. I parked the car and went to the walk-up window to get a soda. When I headed back to the car, I saw that a fairly large crowd of college age guys had gathered around my car. As I approaced, a very attractive blonde co-ed walked up to me with her boyfriend a couple of steps behind and said "you know what would drive those boys crazy with jealousy? If you and I walked right up to the car and you gave me a ride." I smiled and said "yeah, that would be pretty funny." At that point the boyfriend leaned in and said, "well, you could give both of us a ride" and then the girlfriend says "Um, no, I think it would be much more effective if it was just me."

It was tempting but seeing as I am probably twice her age I said "well, the GTR is a four seater so we can all fit." If I had taken her without her boyfriend, it might have turned into one of those stories I can't tell. Ha ha ha ha ha, (kidding!)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was cruising about 5 over on a nice fast sweeping corners type rural road late one night; I wasn't pushing it at all just enjoying the drive. It was dark (no streetlights or houses close to the road), and I came around one corner to find brake lights stopped in the middle of the road up ahead. As I slowed and pulled up I could see it was a County Sherriff (no hazards nor red & blues on--just brakelights), I rolled to a stop and could see in his driverside mirror that he was looking at me (or at least my headlights). I waited about 5-7 seconds, flashed my highbeams, he looked away from the mirror, so I slowly drove around him (crossing the double yellow--we were the only cars on the road other than a pick-up truck parked on the opposite shoulder--no lights either).

He lit me up as soon as I passed him, so I pulled right over. He takes his time getting out of the car and does the blinding spotlight in my side mirror trick. Then walks up to the passenger side . . . younger guy, late twenties.

"Where are you going in such a hurry, sir?"

"Home--and I wasn't speeding if that is what you mean."

"No, that's not what I mean. You crossed the double yellow Sir; there could have been a hazard in the road or oncoming traffic!"

"Really!? You know there wasn't any oncoming and by hazard do you mean something . . . Maybe . . . like a Sherriff's car stopped in the middle of the road WITHOUT its flashers on!!??"

"Let me see your License, registration . . ." looks at my docs without going back to the car . . . "I'm going to let you off with a verbal warning tonight, and for your information the truck over there just hit a deer, that's why I was stopped."

"Thanks for just the warning officer, but the dead deer is still no excuse for not having YOUR flashers on . . ."

"Don't get smart, that's the fastest way to a ticket!"

"Right officer, a ticket that wouldn't hold up in court."

"Be on your way sir, before I change my mind!"

"Yes sir, good night."

I drove off fairly clamly, if he had given me a ticket I probably would have just paid it and forgot about it. But at the time I was pissed that he was pulling me over for pulling around his stopped car--especially without his lights on! I think he knew it was partially his fault . . . hence the verbal warning and not a written one or a ticket.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The best GT-R stories are the true ones and there have been several great ones told on this forum.

I have two stories of my own. One I can tell and another one I can't. Here's the one I can tell (I've mentioned it before--and it's not that great but at least it is true):

I was at a Friday night Sonic meet a couple of months ago. I parked the car and went to the walk-up window to get a soda. When I headed back to the car, I saw that a fairly large crowd of college age guys had gathered around my car. As I approaced, a very attractive blonde co-ed walked up to me with her boyfriend a couple of steps behind and said "you know what would drive those boys crazy with jealousy? If you and I walked right up to the car and you gave me a ride." I smiled and said "yeah, that would be pretty funny." At that point the boyfriend leaned in and said, "well, you could give both of us a ride" and then the girlfriend says "Um, no, I think it would be much more effective if it was just me."

It was tempting but seeing as I am probably twice her age I said "well, the GTR is a four seater so we can all fit." If I had taken her without her boyfriend, it might have turned into one of those stories I can't tell. Ha ha ha ha ha, (kidding!)
Jacksonville, FL not the hub of exotic cars [nor exotic car owners] so driving the GT-R might as well be driving an Altima. Back 1986/late my teenage son convinced me that we must own a Buck Grand National (GM H body I think with a 6 cylinder turbo-charged V6). With the 'chip' increasing boost and a set of Borla headers it would do an honest sub 6 second 0-60. Ho hum today. The Grand National was black and at best might be said, flashy. While at Myrtle Beach, SC I got locked into a 'cruise line' waiting for my wife to finish shopping. Some comely young miss with short shorts, and a body to complement the shorts yells out to me as I pass her at parking lot speeds . . . "Your car is really nice but you are too old for it!" I was 46 at the time. GROAN.

So far, NADA with the GT-R. Might as well be driving a stealth, invisible car. So, other than my threadstarter story (Car and Driver mid-90's) which likely not true, I haven't even been pulled over for speeding, careless driving (rapid acceleration) or just looking like a dumbshit behind the wheel.

I might have the dubious distinction of being the oldest member. 72 Dec. 30th.

WE WANT TO READ THE STORY YOU CAN' TELL!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts