Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone- I recently went to a set of KW coilovers, and while the ride and handling have been great, the small drop in ride height has exposed a fitment issue with the stock wheel and tire package. It looks like I’m about 1.5” from being flush. Is this a common issue? Does anyone have experience with wheel spacers that they would recommend? I’m hesitant to use them in general just because of concerns over wheel bearing life.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2020 Bayside Blue
167 Posts
I have Swift Sport springs on my 2020. When running the stock wheels with stock size tires, I run H&R 15mm up from and 20mm in the rear. The look great. Takes the wheels to the edge and I have not experienced any rubbing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have Swift Sport springs on my 2020. When running the stock wheels with stock size tires, I run H&R 15mm up from and 20mm in the rear. The look great. Takes the wheels to the edge and I have not experienced any rubbing.
Is your car lowered at all? With my drop I'm afraid the tires could rub on the wheel arches with any suspension articulation.

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Swift Sport lowering springs give about a 1" drop in front and in the rear. A 15mm spacer front and 20mm spacer rear can be used. Whether it will be flush may depend on how much negative camber you run, the front camber will be about -2 degrees or more after the drop, additional negative camber may be needed depending on front tire size and if the shoulder tread blocks are square or rounded on a given tire model.

Further, spacers come in different designs. A basic spacer may need longer wheel studs and open lug nuts, the OEM studs are too short. Or you can use a type II wheel spacer that fits over the OEM studs and extends studs that can be used with OEM closed nuts. This type II design is not as strong and not for track use, light street use is OK. Although some stress can be placed on wheel bearings it is not something that is a common problem. I wouldn't suggest spacers for drag racing or high stress driving.

·
Registered
2020 Bayside Blue
167 Posts
Is your car lowered at all? With my drop I'm afraid the tires could rub on the wheel arches with any suspension articulation.
Yes. 1" drop with 1 degree camber bolts up front and adjustable arms in the rear. My car looks lower than yours. I don't have pictures with the stock wheels but here it is with the Belak wheels with 28" tires.
Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle Car

Reactions: kimchitacos
1 - 6 of 6 Posts