Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep hearing people talk about buying used and that the black box had no launches registered. How do I have this checked before buying??

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Have the dealer pull the information for you. If the seller doesn't allow you to have the car thoroughly checked out by the dealer I would steer clear. Any costs incurred would be your responsibility though. Good luck!

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

·
Founder/Admin
26,148 Posts
Unless your buying a 09 launches dont matter

If you are...the dealer can show you...its called vdc off stall start located under engine monitor in the consult

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought the 09 models were better in terms of the tranny. If this is the case then I can look for a 2010. WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the heads up. I got my years mixed up. I thought that there was an 08 but I guess its was released in 2008 as a 2009 model. Got it. Thanks. 2010 here I come. My sister in law is the regional service manager for Nissan /Infiniti north America, North East division. She said she will help me locate a good one when the time comes. I test drove that 09 and can not get it out of my head. I have to own this car. I currently have a LS460 and I love it but hate the handling and the fact that I have a 4 door but always drive alone. I have kids but when we go out we take the wifes SUV

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So if the car is not an 09 and has the update LC2 or higher then it can be launched without concerns for the warranty?? If this is correct then I only need to have the launches tracked or measured if its an 09 with the LC1 ( or with LC2 but had been launched before the update)??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts